What are you listening to?

Page 45 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
spectral.jpg

Steve Hackett - Spectral Mornings (cd)

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin' Simon.

Its been a very long time since I last heard it as I haven't played any LP's for years, but a joy to listen to none the less. I did cheat though, as I bought the CD the other day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/V - Pana TH-37PV500B, Pana BD35, Onkyo 876, B&W M1's x5, B&W ASW610.

HiFi - CA azur 640C v2, CA azur 640A v2, Denon TU1800DAB, Tannoy Mercury M20's on QED SD19 stands, (& a Dual 505 gathering dust).

A

Anonymous

U2 No Line on the Horizon, which is exactly what you'd expect. It's rock-solid yet predictable, epic yet unspectacular. Every track is designed to sound great as it drifts out over the heads of a huge crowd towards the people huddled at the back of the stadium, any stadium. It's hard to get particularly excited about it, but I can't honestly find fault with it either.

The Leisure Lab's No Line on The Horizon review is up, if anyone wants to hear the album's high points.

A

Anonymous

21dRtqSWPaL._SS400_.jpg

Blow Up - Michel Portal (clarinet, sax soprano, jazzophone) and Richard Galliano (accordeon, piano) / live recording

I heartily recommend this album. Jazz as I like it! This is simply brilliant.

matthewpiano

The new U2 album, 'No Line On The Horizon'. Sounds OK so far but its certainly not the Achtung Baby follow up its been touted as by many hard line fans. Its better than the last one, 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb', though. Recording is tripe but then we're used to that from U2.

A

Anonymous

Monk - Genius of Modern Music, Volume 2.

But I received Norrington's recordings of Mahler's first and second symphonies in the
mail today, so they'll be on today or tomorrow for sure.

Hedgehog

matthewpiano

Hedgehog:
Monk - Genius of Modern Music, Volume 2.

But I received Norrington's recordings of Mahler's first and second symphonies in the
mail today, so they'll be on today or tomorrow for sure.

Hedgehog

Not a fan of Norrington at all. I find his conducting totally dry. His Beethoven is horrendous.

Just listening to Radiohead's 'The Bends' now and marvelling at how much atmosphere the Pioneer amp creates.

TRENDING THREADS