What are you listening to?

Page 47 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

idc

JohnDuncan:ashworth_rich:Shameless rock revival! Define "rock revival"?

The ambulance crew got there in time.

41YQFDZYYQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I've been drinking again.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:ashworth_rich:Shameless rock revival!

Define "rock revival"?

Bad description!
I guess I meant 80's/90's Rock Revival.

To best describe Avenged Sevenfold, think of Guns and Roses on PCP meets with Spinal Tap - but minus any tongue in cheek!

The guitar solo's are incredible...but at the same time quite cheesy!
I love them.

Check out the track "Afterlife", its just great:
Not sure this link will work but since youtube has no music!
http://www.last.fm/music/Avenged+Sevenfold/Avenged+Sevenfold/Afterlife

matthewpiano

'What We Did On Our Holidays' (Fairport Convention)
'Liege & Lief' (Fairport Convention)
'North' (Elvis Costello)
'Afterglow' (Crowded House)
'The Essential Toto' (Toto)

All in Apple Lossless through my Squeezebox and sounding fabulous.

A

Anonymous

Joanne Shaw Taylor - White Sugar.

Read an excellent review of the album in Classic Rock, I'd never heard of her but she gives as influences musicians such as Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Mayer so I thought I'd take a punt. Came in the post today and so far only had chance to play half the album in the car. Very impressed immediately, she's got a terrific voice and can certainly play the guitar can't wait to play on the hi-fi

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Working on a Dream-Bruce Springsteen

Been listing to this over past few weeks,however has anybody listened to the track The Wrestler, from the movie of same name.

'Have you ever seen a one legged dog making its way down the street' now im a bit confused here, did The Boss mean a 3 legged dog?

Ive seen a few 3 legged K9's before, surely a one legged dog will never make his way down that street.

A

Anonymous

Torres09: 'Have you ever seen a one legged dog making its way down the street' now im a bit confused here, did The Boss mean a 3 legged dog?

Ive seen a few 3 legged K9's before, surely a one legged dog will never make his way down that street.

Maybe the one-legged dog he's referring to in this line is the Wrestler himself...?

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
momo72:Torres09: 'Have you ever seen a one legged dog making its way down the street' now im a bit confused here, did The Boss mean a 3 legged dog?

Maybe the one-legged dog he's referring to in this line is the Wrestler himself...?

Ahh i see........a one legged wrestler
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

f03208m2htv.jpg

"Honeymoon. Selected by CAM" (DJ CAM) compilation on Chronowax, which I forgot I even had.

Track #1 "Loran's Dance" by Grover Washington Jr is an amazing jazz piece with a great sax solo in the middle, brilliant brilliant piece of music!!!!

A

Anonymous

momo72:
f03208m2htv.jpg

"Honeymoon. Selected by CAM" (DJ CAM) compilation on Chronowax, which I forgot I even had.

Track #1 "Loran's Dance" by Grover Washington Jr is an amazing jazz piece with a great sax solo in the middle, brilliant brilliant piece of music!!!!

I wonder if this is a different version. It is a Grover Washington Jr tune but I have it on the 1974 Idris Muhammad album Power Of Soul which was his first album as lead. This is also an amazing album great line up of musicians on it. Also the sax solo from it was sampled by DJ Shadow on his seminal Entroducing album, have a listen to that as there are some very surprising samples on it (Stratosfear by Tangerine Dream) !

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:OK, will do. What with being in a "rock revivial" band......
emotion-2.gif

Will I have heard of them?

A

Anonymous

Had some criticism on here for SQ/Mix but I love it, lush, bloomy, rich guitar/bass...

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Because of the times: Kings of Leon. My favourite album of the 4. I think it's as anthemic as "only by the night" but still has the kick and energy of "youth and young manhood" and "aha shake the heartbrake", that OBTN misses.

A

Anonymous

I love On Call and Fans from that album, might buy it since they are on nasty Mp3 :)

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
ashworth_rich:I love On Call and Fans from that album, might buy it since they are on nasty Mp3 :)

Definately buy it, it's fantastic. Knocked up, Charmer, The runner and Camero are other great tracks. I would also get the other two If you haven't already just for Molly's Chambers, Red Morning Light, King of the Rodeo and the Bucket. The other songs are just as good. I could wax lyrical about this band all day.

A

Anonymous

At the moment listening to Joe Bonamassa/You and Me..I,ve got all of KOL,s albums and i think they are all great albums in their own right,and dont think SQ is bad on any of them,i just enjoy them for what they are,MUSIC I LIKE. lol.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
The line up for tonight is
Eagles “Long road out of Eden”
Jethro Tull “Aqualung” 25th Anniversary Special Edition
Eagles “Hell Freezes Over”
Jethro Tull “Crest of a Knave” Remastered all on CD. No vinyl as I need a phono amp.
Got Joe Bonamassa “Sloe Gin” lined up on the MP3 player for Mondays walk to work

A

Anonymous

TitusG:
ashworth_rich:I love On Call and Fans from that album, might buy it since they are on nasty Mp3 :)

Definately buy it, it's fantastic. Knocked up, Charmer, The runner and Camero are other great tracks. I would also get the other two If you haven't already just for Molly's Chambers, Red Morning Light, King of the Rodeo and the Bucket. The other songs are just as good. I could wax lyrical about this band all day.

Ahh, Molly's chambers and the bucket - i remember those..... great songs!

A

Anonymous

Lost Angeles:The line up for tonight is
Jethro Tull “Crest of a Knave” Remastered all on CD. No vinyl as I need a phono amp.
Got Joe Bonamassa “Sloe Gin” lined up on the MP3 player for Mondays walk to work

Hell freezes Over is great. I love the version of Hotel California....

matthewpiano

Lost Angeles:The line up for tonight is

Nice listening session that.

A

Anonymous

nandjg:Joanne Shaw Taylor - White Sugar.

Read an excellent review of the album in Classic Rock, I'd never heard of her but she gives as influences musicians such as Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Mayer so I thought I'd take a punt. Came in the post today and so far only had chance to play half the album in the car. Very impressed immediately, she's got a terrific voice and can certainly play the guitar can't wait to play on the hi-fi

Now having had the chance to listen properly I can honestly say the album is quite superb - she deserves to be big star - I can recommend the album wholeheartedly.

TRENDING THREADS