What are you listening to?

Page 44 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
T

the record spot

Drummerdave:the record spot:Currently, Thin Lizzy "Live & Dangerous", original release CD. Previous to that, Santana's "Moonflower" live album (well, in part) and Wings "Band On The Run" - again they're both original discs I picked up recently. They all sound good, but especially the Santana album.

That's a good Santana album - I've got it on vinyl, sounds great.

All thanks to a chap called Bernie Grundman who did the mastering for the LP at the time. The CD I have was subsequently digitally mastered by Joe Gastwirt; two winners on the one release IMO.

idc

Peter Gabriel fest at the moment;

31ZP0N34FKL._SL160_AA115_.jpg
51qgXAxD77L._SL160_AA115_.jpg
619HH8BNF6L._SL160_AA115_.jpg
31C0C53x6mL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:survivor:
journey1.jpg

Journey - Revelation (cd)

Aha - question. Do you have the bonus disc with the re-recordings on it? If so, does the "Just..." at the beginning of "Don't Stop Believin'" sound incredibly distorted to you? Like "Jjjjjjjust a small town girl"?

Or do I need a new stereo?

I can confirm that my Escape on vinyl from the mid 80's sounded really rough in the bit you mention. Odd that a re recording should do that as well. Maybe they're trying to keep it true to the original recording. Is it perhaps a remaster?
I don't know what Journey have been up to in the last 20 years. I sort of lost interest when Rolie left and they got all stadium rock.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Chris Gilson:I'm on a bit of an archaic electronica trip at the minute so it's White Noise's 'An Electric Storm in Hell' and Basil Kirchin's 'Quantum' for me. And who says I don't have a sense of humour... right, back to the BG!!

White Noise - An Electric Storm

Pure class, I'd recommend this to anybody. Its pioneering use of largely diy electronics in 1968 and the fact that Delia Derbyshire of Dr Who theme fame was one of it's key contributors should be enough to get you to try it. You'll never forget it and may well love it.

idc

Presently listening to this on headphones for the first time, it sounds fantastic. Finally, after not getting this album I am really enjoying it, confused sound and multiple time changes and all!

51tSS46BCSL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

A

Anonymous

Haven't listened to this in ages but got an urge tonight...I love that voice!

hayes_isaac_blackmose_101b.jpg

Isaac Hayes - Black Moses (LP)

A

Anonymous

Currently listening to my first ever album by Sun Ra. Kinda hard to get into (for me).

A

Anonymous

Years of Refusal by Morrissey

All the solo-Morrissey trademarks are there: miserabalism, clever lyrics and flamboyant vocals combined with guitar and drum accompaniments that sound like they came off a royalty-free stock album. Enough good to get three stars, not good enough to get more. You can listen to The Leisure Lab's Morrissey Years of Refusal Review here.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Drummerdave:The Ocean - Precambrian (cheers Chris) - the packaging on this is outstanding

What do you think of it? I really like it. The metaller in me favours 'Hadean', but the other disc has some mellower grooves going on.

:)

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Drummerdave:The Ocean - Precambrian (cheers Chris) - the packaging on this is outstanding

What do you think of it? I really like it. The metaller in me favours 'Hadean', but the other disc has some mellower grooves going on.

:)

Just got it yesterday Chris but I like what I'm hearing so far (even though it's only been on the car stereo on the way to work). Can't wait to hear it properly on the hifi.

Ordered that latest Lamb of God cd - might have to start growing my hair!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
'Wrath' is good, but missing some of the catchy hooks of 'Sacrament'. I prefer the production on 'Sacrament' too, but the bass guitar on 'Wrath' sounds much better, deep and meaty! I like to give the PV1 a work-out now and again!

A

Anonymous

The Corries 'Barrett's Privateers'

One of the less anti-english scottish folk cds my g/f's gotten me into.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts