What are you listening to?

Page 42 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Bon Ivor: For Emma forever ago. I have had this cd just over a week, it's not long been out but I highly recommend it if your into acoustic guitar singer songwriters. Brilliant.

T

the record spot

Tonight it's been:-

Blind Boys of Alabama - Spirit of the Century
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Elton John - Blue Moves

A

Anonymous

vitallic.jpg

Should keep me working till three.

A

Anonymous

Been having a bit of a Neil Young moment this arvo...Freedom,aint played this in ages,forgot what a great album this is..

and Harvest..nuff said.

John Duncan

survivor:
journey1.jpg

Journey - Revelation (cd)

Aha - question. Do you have the bonus disc with the re-recordings on it? If so, does the "Just..." at the beginning of "Don't Stop Believin'" sound incredibly distorted to you? Like "Jjjjjjjust a small town girl"?

Or do I need a new stereo?

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:survivor:

journey1.jpg

Journey - Revelation (cd)

Aha - question. Do you have the bonus disc with the re-recordings on it? If so, does the "Just..." at the beginning of "Don't Stop Believin'" sound incredibly distorted to you? Like "Jjjjjjjust a small town girl"? Or do I need a new stereo?

Just had a listen on the headphones for the first time. Played through the bonus disc once when I bought it but not since and didn`t notice at the time but could easily have missed it.

And the result is ....yes, it does sound a bit weird. Played it four times but I can`t tell wether it`s a recording error or just the guy`s voice? He is only a kareoke singer after all! Really not sure what the problem is? Mmnnn... well spotted. Think I shall just stick with Steve on `Escape`!

Journey are one of my favourite driving bands and I listened to this on Friday night at a fair old volume whilst I was driving/getting lost around the Hatfield area. Didn`t think I`d have time to play the whole album but with the extra mileage I had to do through getting lost and night time roadworks I managed it quite comfortably!

John Duncan

I wish I could sing Karaoke like him, mind.

Maybe it's just my Les Paul-plus-Marshall ravaged ears.......

Edit - though it's clearly been recorded on somebody's Mac in their house - it's not exactly pristine.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Drummerdave:Wild Billy Childish and the Buff Medways - Steady the Buffs

Liquid Tension Experiment - 2

Deerhoof - Offend Maggie

I haven't got any L.T.E albums, despite being a massive Dream Theater fan. What are they like? I was worried they'd cross the line from prog excellence to total toss.

Oh yeah. Listening to this as it was delivered today.

999638.jpg

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:I wish I could sing Karaoke like him, mind. Maybe it's just my Les Paul-plus-Marshall ravaged ears....... Edit - though it's clearly been recorded on somebody's Mac in their house - it's not exactly pristine.

Yeah, I`m just jealous. We`d all like to sing like Steve Perry and he can!

There is something odd about the first word he sings but as I say I`m not sure wether it`s just his voice (maybe he was nervous!) or a recording error?

Couldn`t you just ask Les, Paul and Marshall to stop shouting in your ear?

idc

Found this in Fopp today, deep joy and £5. A 30th Anniversary edition with extra tracks, but the dance remix of Heartless will not download onto itunes without jumping, nevermind, just deleted it.

31JBPFG6PEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

russ74

Mar 6, 2008
Visit site
All the albums by The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band. Featured on Stuart Maconie's Freak Zone a couple of weeks ago:part One (1967)
Vol 2: Breaking Through (1967)
Vol. 3: A Child's Guide to Good & Evil (1968)
Wheres My Daddy? (1969)
Markley: A Group (1969)Was going to do all the album covers but it would have taken all night! Any how heres the first album:
400blog_thewestcoastpoparte.jpg

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Erykah Badu - Baduizm. A very nice CD indeed, if you like mellow beats.

Chris, I'd give this one a miss fella, prob not to your tastes.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Drummerdave:Wild Billy Childish and the Buff Medways - Steady the Buffs

Liquid Tension Experiment - 2

Deerhoof - Offend Maggie

I haven't got any L.T.E albums, despite being a massive Dream Theater fan. What are they like? I was worried they'd cross the line from prog excellence to total toss.

Oh yeah. Listening to this as it was delivered today.

999638.jpg

Just got it today Chris and sounds pretty damn good. Haven't heard much Dream Theatre myself but I'm aware of their musical prowess - bought the cd because, being a bit of a Crimson fan, I like Tony Levin's bass playing (saw them live in the Royal Albert Hall in their double trio configuration with Bruford drumming - twas excellent). LTE is more accessible than I'd imagined, if a tad noodly in places - a ton of good riffs though.

That new cd of yours looks....gulp....a bit heavy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts