What are you listening to?

Page 41 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

Big Chris:matthewpiano:Continuing the Queen theme, 'A Day At The Races'. For me the Queen II/Day At The Races/Night At The Opera albums represent Queen's peak. Brilliantly creative albums.

What? No 'Sheer Heart Attack'? Q1, Q2 & S.H.A are the holy trinity of Queen albums.

Ah I say there is a holy sextuplet From I up to and including News of the World. Downhill from there. And I'm talking black run...

Though, admittedly, when we play Now I'm Here, the audience look at us like a dog who's just been shown a card trick....
emotion-8.gif

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
amon.jpg
newseekers.jpg
frida.jpg
marillion.jpg

Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side (cd)

The New Seekers - We`d Like To Teach The World To Sing (vinyl)

Frida - Something`s Going On (vinyl)

Marillion - Happiness Is The Road (dble cd)

matthewpiano

JohnDuncan:matthewpiano:Now 'Raising Sand' by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss.

I so totally don't get that album.

Funny you should say that. Neither do I. It didn't interest me much the first time I heard it and, giving it another chance, it doesn't now.

Moved on to 'Misplaced Childhood' by Marillion now. Great album.

idc

Try Paul Leonard-Morgan for a bit of atmosphere, the first is Filmtales and then the accompanying music to A History of Scotland;

41GHcJYKupL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

51rXyU7hDAL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

He also did the background music for the TV series Spooks.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
'Raising Sand' by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss played this walking to and from work on my MP3 as it's won some award (According to BBC Text). I know MP3s shouldn't count.
Currently playing Sabbath Bloody Sabbath off vinyl and it sounds good

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:'Mock Tudor' by Richard Thompson (on CD) 'Greatest Hits' by Morrissey (on 180gm Vinyl)

Love `Mock Tudor`! One of Mr.T`s finest albums. BTW Matthew, which Chord speaker cables do you own?

matthewpiano

survivor:
matthewpiano:'Mock Tudor' by Richard Thompson (on CD) 'Greatest Hits' by Morrissey (on 180gm Vinyl)

Love `Mock Tudor`! One of Mr.T`s finest albums. BTW Matthew, which Chord speaker cables do you own?

I'm using Rumour 2 speaker cable, Chameleon Silver + interconnect from the CD, and Crimson interconnect from the tuner. Only upgraded the speaker cable and CD interconnect in the New Year and I'm very pleased.

RT is great. I've seen him a couple of times and he is a brilliant live performer. Have you got the Free Reed box set, 'The Life and Music of Richard Thompson'? Its absolutely superb. I love 'Front Parlour Ballads' as well. I love his albums with Linda and I'm a big fan of the early Fairport stuff with RT, Iain Matthews and Sandy in the band.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:survivor:

I'm using Rumour 2 speaker cable, Chameleon Silver + interconnect from the CD, and Crimson interconnect from the tuner. Only upgraded the speaker cable and CD interconnect in the New Year and I'm very pleased. RT is great. I've seen him a couple of times and he is a brilliant live performer. Have you got the Free Reed box set, 'The Life and Music of Richard Thompson'? Its absolutely superb. I love 'Front Parlour Ballads' as well. I love his albums with Linda and I'm a big fan of the early Fairport stuff with RT, Iain Matthews and Sandy in the band.

Thanks Matthew. I remember you saying how pleased you were with new cables and have been wondering exactly which ones you own. No, I don`t have the Free Reed Box Set. Sounds promising. Love his stuff with Linda. `Front Parlour Ballads` has been on my hit list for awhile and I hope to get this one quite soon. BTW, sadly not now going to see Mostly Autumn at Shepherds Bush on the 28th Feb.
emotion-9.gif
All the best.

matthewpiano

All the best to you too Survivor. I've only got one gig planned at the moment which is a special gig by John Lees' Barclay James Harvest in April. Seen them a few times but really looking forward to it. Otherwise I'm having to curtail gig going activities for financial reasons. So many of them are just very expensive. Might try and catch the Strawbs again sometime this year though, because their gigs are usually pretty cheap and always excellent.

You should definitely pick 'Front Parlour Ballads' up. Completely acoustic and one of his strongest ever sets of songs. Its always the first disc I play whenever I change something in my system.

Currently listening to 'Long May You Run' by the Stills-Young Band. Two great musical talents and, somehow, even more satisfying than their work together in CSN&Y.

T

the record spot

"Don't Be Cruel" - disc 2, first "stand up" live show, Elvis 1968 Comeback Special 4CD set.

A

Anonymous

I'm on a bit of an archaic electronica trip at the minute so it's White Noise's 'An Electric Storm in Hell' and Basil Kirchin's 'Quantum' for me. And who says I don't have a sense of humour... right, back to the BG!!

T

the record spot

Just finished listening to the Elton John "***** Chateau" SACD. Good recording.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts