What are you listening to?

Page 38 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Unkle - End Titles......

DJ Shadow - The Private Press

Supertramp - Crime of the Century

TV on the radio - Live at Amoeba Music

A

Anonymous

Chopin by Paul Posnak.

Not my music but my g/f's CD. First time I listen to it and I find it hugely calming and relaxing. Nothing better to go with a nice cuppa (maybe)... lol. Anyway, not the "music to die to" (or "to kill to") that I thought it would be. Must remember to listen to more classical stuff definitely.

Next up, some Miles Davies from MY collection!...

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Pleasure_To_Kill.jpg

Back to the old school, complete with ropey musicianship, shoddy production and juvenile lyrics........ Excellent.

Terryff

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Nelly Furtado Whoa Nelly

Stereophonics You got to go there to come back and Language sex violence other

Kraftwerk Man Machine

MSP The Holy Bible

Eclectic innit? 

A

Anonymous

Just finished listening to Krauss and Plant - Raising Sand

Now on to Daft Punk - Alive

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:'Sawdust' by The Killers and 'Everyone Is Everybody Else' by BJH, both on vinyl.

`Everyone` by BJH sounds great on vinyl! Sorry to bother you Matthew but another quick question about your speaker cables - I see you`ve bought Chord but which ones may I ask?

T

the record spot

Lightweight before bedtime: Nerina Pallot's 2006 album, Fires. The one with Everybody's Gone To War. OK, fairly lightweight...!

Had some Yes stuff on earlier - from The Word is Live 3-CD set. Nice mix of stuff; couple of good tracks from the Drama tour that rarely saw the light of day and were missed off the album.

A

Anonymous

My wife got me the remastered Born To Run boxset for Christmas and it's been living near the top of my listening pile ever since, until being deposed today by my newly arrived copy of Working On A Dream. Early impressions are favourable, I'm just not sure how favourable yet.

Oh, and Antony and the Johnson's The Crying Light has been very high on my playlist as well. It's not at all my sort of thing, yet surprisingly it gets to the end and you can't stop yourself from hitting repeat. It's not happy listening, but it's strangely compelling. It's a little like a merging of Nina Simone and Bryan Ferry, with a touch Mogadon and a huge dollop of resigned misery.

A

Anonymous

Born to Run boxset - picked it up for £8 at HMV last week! Bit of a bargain methinks

A

Anonymous

Just played Metallica S & M

Now playing Joe Bonamassa's Live from nowhere in particular - trying to get the wife interested - 'cos she agreed to go with me to see him at the Royal Albert Hall in May - don't think it's working though!!!!

Oh well I'll just have to put up with two days of sightseeing and touristy things in between, which is fair enough I suppose

A

Anonymous

Ive been listening to Sigur Ros' 'Agaetis Byrjun'. Absolutely stunning from beginning to end! Also 'Light and Magic' by Ladytron, lovely electronic pop and god rest his soul, John Martyn. 'I'd Rather Be The Devil' would be in my top 10 songs of all time. The live version on The Old Grey Whistle Test is absolutely superb! You can see it on youtube.

matthewpiano

'Solid Air' (the album on CD) by the late John Martyn who sadly died today. One of the greatest albums ever made. Martyn was a superb musician and a great songwriter and with a legacy like his, he will never be forgotten.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts