What are you listening to?

Page 376 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
61g5xQ1WaLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just ordered this, could you recommend any of his others.:?

matthewpiano

My biggest musical hero, the fabulous Alfred Brendel, who I had the privilege of seeing live in a Schubert recital at Bridgewater Hall a few years ago. That was the greatest single musical moment of my life, and this is one of his many superb recordings:

51oQA8FBCqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Andy H said:
matthewpiano said:

Just ordered this, could you recommend any of his others.:?

Not a Steve Earle expert by any means, but I can heartily recommend this one...

61eUoXdhe7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I went to see him round about the time of this release and what a great night was had by all. It's on Spotify so give it a spin if you can. The follow up to this one "Jeruselum" is pretty good too.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
With the remastered deluxe versions of Gish and Siamese Dream being released, I've been re-acquainting myself with the brilliant Smashing Pumpkins. What a great band they were in the early 90s.

matthewpiano

Lost Angeles said:
matthewpiano said:
Great choice Lost Angeles. Has to be my favourite Tull album.

Tonight:

51bfjIO-MHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks Matthew, you're certainly enjoying your classical collection.

Yes I am. It's a huge collection (and it is growing again), but for too long the hi-fi kit has got in the way. The success of this system is clearly displayed by the amount of recordings I'm enjoying listening to again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts