What are you listening to?

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Fear_Factory_-_Obsolete.jpg

matthewpiano

Claudio Arrau playing Grieg's Piano Concerto with the Royal Concertgebuow. One of the most wonderful, communicative and elegant pianists of all and one of the first CDs I ever purchased some 15 years ago. Still one of my favourites now.

A

Anonymous

Venus Hum - Big Beautiful Sky.

Perfect for a sunday morning.

now:
Air - Premieres Symptomes

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Today it's been 'Level 42 - greatest hits' (Can't find a pic)

'Leaving Me Now' is a great song and my favourite of theirs, I think they lost their way after the Gould brothers left.

Seriously Chris? Wouldn't have put you down as a Level 42 fan.

Liked them a lot at the time but haven't listened to them for years - the Goulds were indeed very skillful, as demonstrated on their live album.

Mastodon were great the other night by the way - even without Bill on guitar.

matthewpiano

Loads of vinyl:

Octoberon (BJH)
Tempted and Tried (Steeleye Span)
Fire, Fleet and Candlelight (Buffy Saint-Marie)
Not Til Tomorrow (Ralph McTell)
Commoner's Crown (Steeleye Span)

Bathing in a warm analogue glow after a busy weekend at work.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:Loads of vinyl: Octoberon (BJH) Tempted and Tried (Steeleye Span) Fire, Fleet and Candlelight (Buffy Saint-Marie) Not Til Tomorrow (Ralph McTell) Commoner's Crown (Steeleye Span) Bathing in a warm analogue glow after a busy weekend at work.

Sounds like a nice way to spend a Sunday Matthew!

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
heart1.jpg
F1YICAG5CWYUCAOYRAT8CAF7DJ2XCA48ZQE.jpg
white.jpg
5MSRCARM6DA5CAEJMCBNCA3QLNDHCA1GIW0.jpg

Mostly Autumn - Heart Full Of Sky (2 cd edition)

Odin Dragonfly - Offerings (cd)

The Beatles - White Album (dble cd)

Barry Manilow - If I Should Love Again (vinyl)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Drummerdave:Big Chris:Today it's been 'Level 42 - greatest hits' (Can't find a pic)

'Leaving Me Now' is a great song and my favourite of theirs, I think they lost their way after the Gould brothers left.

Liked them a lot at the time but haven't listened to them for years - the Goulds were indeed very skillful, as demonstrated on their live album.

I guess it's a nostalgia thing, although I do like the music. I also like Adam & the Ants, Bowie, Roxy Music and other non hard rock/metal stuff.....Doesn't get an airing often, but it's nice to break it out now and again.

;-)

Glad Mastodon rocked, why wasn't Bill playing?

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Today it's been 'Level 42 - greatest hits' (Can't find a pic)

I guess it's a nostalgia thing, although I do like the music. I also like Adam & the Ants, Bowie, Roxy Music and other non hard rock/metal stuff.....Doesn't get an airing often, but it's nice to break it out now and again.

;-)

He's in hospital in the states with an unspecified illness. Will definitely go see them when they're a four piece again. The support band was Fiend Without a Face - three guys with fez hats and nets over their faces - playing only what I can describe as Egyptian Surf Metal - weird but highly skillful. The joke turns out that it was Mastodon with masks supporting themselves - a highly entertaining gig.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Drummerdave:Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Today it's been 'Level 42 - greatest hits' (Can't find a pic)

;-)

He's in hospital in the states with an unspecified illness. Will definitely go see them when they're a four piece again. The support band was Fiend Without a Face - three guys with fez hats and nets over their faces - playing only what I can describe as Egyptian Surf Metal - weird but highly skillful. The joke turns out that it was Mastodon with masks supporting themselves - a highly entertaining gig.

I would have thought Brann's polka dot drum kit would have been a dead give-away.

;-)

matthewpiano

Great day today. Dad came round to hear my new system for the first time and we've listened to Strawbs, Dvorak, Ella Fitzgerald, Wagner, Magna Carta, Black **** Mills Brass Band, Mary Black, Mendelssohn, Fairport Convention, Oscar Peterson.... A veritable festival of music!

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Today it's been 'Level 42 - greatest hits' (Can't find a pic)

;-)

I would have thought Brann's polka dot drum kit would have been a dead give-away.

;-)

Only if you knew that was his kit - he's some drummer, the best I've seen recently, and that includes Billy Cobham and Damon Che within the last month.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Drummerdave:Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Today it's been 'Level 42 - greatest hits' (Can't find a pic)

;-)

;-)

Only if you knew that was his kit - he's some drummer, the best I've seen recently, and that includes Billy Cobham and Damon Che within the last month.

Agreed. He's class on the Mastodon stuff, but the first album I heard him playing on was 'In The Eyes Of God' by 'Today Is The Day' (Bill plays bass on this too). His drumming on this album is spectacular. Much better than his (admittedly great) Mastodon stuff.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Today it's been 'Level 42 - greatest hits' (Can't find a pic)

;-)

;-)

Agreed. He's class on the Mastodon stuff, but the first album I heard him playing on was 'In The Eyes Of God' by 'Today Is The Day' (Bill plays bass on this too). His drumming on this album is spectacular. Much better than his (admittedly great) Mastodon stuff.

Cheers Chris will check that out

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Drummerdave:Big Chris:Today it's been 'Level 42 - greatest hits' (Can't find a pic)

;-)

;-)

Cheers Chris will check that out

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Whilst making stuffed mushrooms with onion, parma ham (end of leg), garlic butter and mozzarella, missus making fish pie, been listening to Abbey Road and now Tracy Chapman.

A

Anonymous

Apart from the usual Tangerine dream ive just got into Kings of Leon in a big way and im really enjoying there stuff.

what i would also enjoy is stuffed mushrooms with onion, parma ham (end of leg), garlic butter and mozzarella,

Washed down with a nice red.

What i did make today was a home made pasta sauce today with the amazing magic bullet

http://www.buythebullet.com/

I used tomatoes ,garlic, fresh basil , yellow peppers , oregano, parmasan cheese, onion and a hint of chilli.

All this whilst listening to The kings of leon.

I love cooking whilst listening to music loud and quaffing red wine.
Im looking forward to recieving a Denon Dm37 Dab to replace my old dixons seperates that has never really done it for me.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Tangerine dream:
Apart from the usual Tangerine dream ive just got into Kings of Leon in a big way and im really enjoying there stuff.

what i would also enjoy is stuffed mushrooms with onion, parma ham (end of leg), garlic butter and mozzarella,

Washed down with a nice red.

What i did make today was  a home made pasta sauce today with  the amazing magic bullet

http://www.buythebullet.com/

I used tomatoes ,garlic, fresh basil , yellow peppers , oregano, parmasan cheese, onion and a hint of chilli.

All this whilst listening to The kings of leon.

I love cooking whilst listening to music loud and quaffing red wine.

Im looking forward to recieving a Denon Dm37 Dab to replace my old dixons seperates that has never really done it for me.

There's a lot to be said for good food, good music and a good red. Almost unbeatable as a leisure activity...almost

matthewpiano

Clare Newsome:I'm listening to the OTHER Elvis (Costello) - I Want You is truly terrifying on a superb system....

Fantastic track that. Must dig out the Evlis Costello CDs and listen to them again. Not done so in ages.

Listening to ***** Chateau by Elton John here. One of his best albums.

ianandyr

Sep 1, 2008
Visit site
The much under-rated Martin Stephenson & The Daintees - Gladsome, Humour & Blue.

Nothing quite like a CD-ripping project to re-acquaint yourself with the gems in your music collection.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts