What are you listening to?

Page 132 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

idc

Tried the German band Eloy and their Pink Floyish take on prog. The music is OK but the often half spoken vocals in what sounds like a comedy German accent did not work for me.............

51GZ9DMB90L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Much, much better are the Polish band Riverside. Second Life Syndrome is a superb prog metal album........

51kqe3tbgRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

A

Anonymous

Matthew .... on your last post. you have a pic of a cd with a black couple seated .... which cd is that?

idc

More Devin Townsend and 'Ki'. The wall of sound is less intense, but the atmosphere is still there, such as on Disruptr, underpinned by background electronic noises like gurders in a howling wind. Other tracks are more indie/metal in style.

41LA2zsdqAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

A

Anonymous

Got some Sting on right now, 'Englishman in New York' and 'Russians' are very good instrumentally on my fairly new system, haven't listened to them for ages, very glad I spent my money now. Very glad.

Amyl Right Mate

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano:

dim_span:Matthew .... on your last post. you have a pic
of a cd with a black couple seated .... which cd is that?

It's "Ella & Louis" by Louis Armstring & Ella Fitzgerald.

daveh75

Being Monday, it's new release day and the postie has just turned up with this lot......

612CYIJAAeL._SS500_.jpg

51xoSDlMo9L._SS500_.jpg

61DQCnFAkXL._SS500_.jpg

In the Court of the Crimson King-King Crimson (2009 remaster)

41LeJjNK19L._SS500_.jpg

All of which i'll be giving a spin in due course.

daveh75

idc:
Ozric Tentacles and the excellent IQ, classic prog rock in its most traditional sense.......

419EJF2V6TL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I wondered how long it would take you to get onto the Ozric's in your current quest for all things Prog!!!!!

Great band,of which i have many of thier albums and have seen numerous times at festivals......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts