What are you listening to?

Page 131 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Matthew ... used to listen to Strawbs whilst at boarding school in the mid 70's (we used to listen to music played in the hall on lp's on saturdays and sundays (on a really good kenwood system) .... whilst 'pretending' to do homework

have a few of Strawbs cd's ... currently only one track I enjoy (Bendedictus) ...,. will have a few beers tommorow and have another carefull listen

daveh75

PJPro:daveh75:
518YpSpQUKL._SS500_.jpg

That's a great album....I agree.I hadn't listened to it in a long time tbh,but had a bit of a cd ripping session today and that was one of them.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:

lost angeles ... I also enjoy some of BJH but only have 1 of their cd's (best of)

currently listening to the very best of cat stevens

Nice to see there are a few other BJH fans around.

Noticed you've been playing a lot of Best of CDs recently, I find with these type of albums some of my favourite tracks are always missing.
The best 2 BJH albums are arguably Once Again and Everyone is Everybody Else and yet there are 4 tracks from Once Again on the Best of BJH but nothing from Everyone is Everybody Else.

I have played today the following

41F41A1M5BL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
11ARJPGDFTL._SL500_AA180_.jpg
51CRZ20S53L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

41GUdGja56L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51GKAKMMZXL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51ac-mjCrCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Top 3 were off vinyl

A

Anonymous

the more I listen to this, the more I enjoy it .... wife says she hates it, but have seen that occasionally she taps her foot when a few tracks are playing

Hazmat Modine ,,,, Bahamut

tracks I enjoy are Yesterday morning, Steady roll and Bahamut

Amyl Right Mate

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
60237235.jpg

Definately worth checking out for Tortoise fans (especially circa TNT.) Soundtrack by John McEntire for the John Hughes penned film "Reach The Rock" features Tortoise and other Thrill Jockey artists.

idc

Still in prog rock Euro heaven with The Flower Kings from Sweden and Premiata Forneria Marconi from Italy. Both are at the early Yes/Genesis end of the spectrum. Remember that programme Eurotrash? It had made out that all Europe was good for was cheesy pop and dreadful ballads.

51CDK88MF1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
614YBNFAENL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
idc:

Still in prog rock Euro heaven with The Flower Kings from Sweden and Premiata Forneria Marconi from Italy. Both are at the early Yes/Genesis end of the spectrum. Remember that programme Eurotrash? It had made out that all Europe was good for was cheesy pop and dreadful ballads.

Do you have the PFM live album "Cook" (or several other titles) I love Alta loma nine til five

idc

hammill:idc:

Do you have the PFM live album "Cook" (or several other titles) I love Alta loma nine til five

There are 9 PFM live albums on Spotify, one of them might be "Cook", in Italian. Presently listening to Per Un Amico. Fantastic stuff.

idc

Of all the prog rock I have been listening to over the past week off Spotify, the best so far and the one I keep going back to is Anekdoten and their best of from 2009, Chapters. The musicianship is fabulous, the mellotron sounds amazing and is definitely their USP. I dont understand why it is not used more often. It gives the music a retro feel, but without dating it. In For A Ride has great power to it and is probably my favourite......

41xKXUur20L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

idc

Spotify might be a mine of music, but it is not really a mine of information. So I have been working my way through this site;

http://www.progarchives.com/

which has a ton of information. Presently listening to some more Italian prog with the band Goblin and the album Roller. They are primarily an instrumental band who provide film music, such as for the Dario Argento zombie films. Someone is trying to sell this album on Amazon for £549.31 plus postage of £1.21.......

21XYGC7ZRSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

...but do not worry, you can download it for £6.99, or listen off Spotify for free.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts