What are you listening to?

Page 130 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

412Btc0QptL._SS400_.jpg

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:Lost Angeles:

Barclay James Harvest "Everyone is everybody else" Can't be ***** to find the pic

There you go. :) Sorry, couldn't resist the chance to help spread the gospel!!

There are probably only us 2 fans left

A

Anonymous

lost angeles ... I also enjoy some of BJH but only have 1 of their cd's (best of)

currently listening to the very best of cat stevens

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
once.jpg

Barclay James Harvest - `Once Again` (cd with bonus tracks)

My favourite BJH album. Features `She Said`, `Galadriel` and the wonderful `Mockingbird`.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Drummerdave:idc:

If Rainbow did epic 'War of the Worlds' concept albums in the style of Rick Wakeman...........

41VGBCQ2M7L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Sounds...er...interesting (biting tongue)

emotion-2.gif

Ayreon is good stuff. Not got 'Into The Electric Castle' myself, but got 3 or 4 of the others. 'Human Equation' is the best of the bunch IMO, especially as it has James Labrie, Mikael Akerfeldt & Devin Townsend singing on it.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Whoops, should have said 5:1 in the previous post..

Now listening to

CInema show. 1973 Rainbow DTS 5:1 remix

Also absolutely wonderful.

idc

Went looking for Bent, as in the British trip hop purveyors of such classic mellow tracks as 'Swollen' and 'Private Road' on Spotify and found this instead..........

41z9JHu0ZeL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

... by the American metal band Bent. It is a real shredder with a great raw edge to it. Occasionally these happy mistakes crop up on Spotify. Bent are now on my metal playlist.

idc

More modern prog rock discoveries (for me anyway). I think since Spotify is Swedish and there appears to be a very strong prog rock style music scene over there, there has been a big emphasis on that style of music. This has a collaboration of musicians from the likes of Dream Theater and Spocks Beard. Style wise it is with the lighter Yes end of prog rock.

61F3BTYM5YL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
flower.jpg

The Flower Kings - `Stardust We Are` (dble cd)

Ah, idc, funny you should mention Swedish prog because I`ve just listened to this for the first time in ages. This is a classy and varied album and if you only ever get one Flower Kings album make sure it`s this one. Yes fans should check out `Church Of Your Heart` and everyone should check out the stupendous title track! Well done Alan Freeman for bringing this band to my attention some years back.

idc

Cheers survivor. I had noticed the Flower Kings popping up as other recommendations. Thanks to Spotify I have 11 of their albums to listen to, starting with the above, once I have finished with this.................

41CiQqO9DmL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts