What amp for Ikon 7?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi WHF team! I recently went shopping for my new hi-fi for my coming new house. While auditioning Ikon 6 (my initial option), the salesman somehow managed to convince me to go for the Ikon 7 instead. Don't ask me what made me give in, but now that the huge 7 is sitting in my hall powered by my CA 840A V2, I somehow feel that the CA and the 7s is not giving me returns on money I have spent. I have heard my 840A V2 with B&W 685 & they sound way much better. So, I have decided to park the 840 in my room and go for another more suitable amp. Can you help me out on my amp options so that I don't make another mistake again? I am thinking of a pre and power option. Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

Lyngdorf? I am afraid no such luck for me to audition it here.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]Arcam and Dali work just swell![/quote]

We're not biased! I wouldn't suggest the Arcam FMJ A32 now would I? LOL. Defiently give Arcam a go...if you don't like the sound, try the Cambridge 840A V2 or if you wanted something cheaper, the Audiolab 8000S.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]Arcam and Dali work just swell![/quote]

........I was waiting for you to say that! Not sure what your budget is, but a primare I30 would drive them nicely.....could even look at used or ex-demo. Thule are another Danish brand that are developed using Dali speakers, so I would imagine an excellent synergy there. http://www.thule-audio.dk/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts