What a nightmare

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Tonight, I will have my new ProAc speakers to test. It's also Don Fabio's first game in charge. And the missus is out with her mates. And WHFSAV March issue will probably have dropped on my doorstep today. What could go wrong? I bet my 7 month old screams all evening (and usually he's very good).

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]Tonight, I will have my new ProAc speakers to test.

It's also Don Fabio's first game in charge.

And the missus is out with her mates.

And WHFSAV March issue will probably have dropped on my doorstep today.

What could go wrong?

[/quote]

The speakers will be a disappointment

Switzerland 7 England 0

And she'll come home early, find you excitedly drooling over WHFSV and slap you upside the head.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]Have a look at this darling. It's 42 inches wide![/quote]

Typical male exaggeration - it's 42in measured diagonally, but considerably smaller from side to side
emotion-4.gif

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]

Typical male exaggeration - it's 42in measured diagonally, but considerably smaller from side to side
emotion-4.gif

[/quote]Of course it all depends how you it.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="laserman16"][quote user="Clare Newsome"]

emotion-4.gif

[/quote]Of course it all depends how you it.[/quote]SD feed or HD?????

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Get home, organise dinner. Baby to bed/cot by 7.30. Speaker play for 30 mins (I'm assuming you can Sky+ the game). Start the game 15 mins late, allows you to fast forward the half time waffle. Nice bottle of wine ready for the end of the game and the rest of the testing session. Enjoy Joel. I have two little'uns and you don't get these nights very often!

John Duncan

Don't hype them up too much, or they *will* be a disappointment. 1) They're not your Dalis, and 2) they'll need running in (speakers most certainly do, despite naysaying from other quarters).

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I know they will need a good month of running in to get anywhere near their best. They are also not as big as my Dali's and quite honestly if they approach the soundstage on those then I will be well chuffed, but I find it difficult to imagine that.

The plan is to get the little fella off to bed at 7, hook up the speakers and listen to them while watching the footie in mute. I've still not forgiven them for making me spend a miserable night losing against Croatia at Wembley.

I don't have SKY either, although I have a recorder on my panasonic, but be buggered if I know how to use it.

John Duncan

[quote user="JoelSim"]if they approach the soundstage on those then I will be well chuffed[/quote]

Holographic. Voices just lit up, floating in the middle of the room. That was what impressed me so much, that and the amount of bass from such a titchy little box.........

John Duncan

[quote user="JoelSim"]Now you're making me assume that they will be bloody brilliant![/quote]

Oh yeah. D'oh.

Hey, they were a dealer's - they probably had months of running in. Your's'll sound rubbish. No, really.

emotion-2.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well the box is now open and given they've been out of the wrappers on my desk about 20 times already, they'll probably look like they've been well run in by the time I get them home.

It's pathetic. I should grow up really.

John Duncan

[quote user="JoelSim"]Well the box is now open and given they've been out of the wrappers on my desk about 20 times already, they'll probably look like they've been well run in by the time I get them home.

It's pathetic. I should grow up really.[/quote]
Hey, I had a Les Paul in my office for two months before I got up the courage to take it home.........

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well the journey home was rubbish.

and England are drawing 0-0.

And the baby screamed for an hour before going to sleep.

But the missus has gone out.

And Jenas has just scored.

And the sound coming from the ProAcs really belies their size. Nice, and getting better all the time. Not as spacious as the Dali's yet, but who knows it may get there.

In short. Quality!

Hmmm. What CD should I put on next?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]Er nah.[/quote]

Just a little joke from my earlier post! England beat the Swiss, you sound like you love your speakers and there wasn't a nuclear war... touch wood...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts