What’s your current internet speed?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108165

Think you are going to need to state who your provider is and what broadband package you are on otherwise the results are meaningless. E.g., basic broadband, fibre, superfast fibre, light speed superfast fibre, etc.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Think you are going to need to state who your provider is and what broadband package you are on otherwise the results are meaningless. E.g., basic broadband, fibre, superfast fibre, light speed superfast fibre, etc.
Adjusted my first post. Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

I'm using basic broadband.
Your speed is probably right down because of the current situation we find ourselves in. Mine is currently running at half the speed it should too. Thanks.

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if someone could explain to me that the speed on my pc goes up to 220Mbps but on my Sony OLED and on my fire cube with the same speed app only goes up to 94Mbps at best. All cables have been tested and are correct and good. The speed app on the pc is Ookla and the speed app on tv and cube is
41Z1dHl2vlL._SY90_.png

analiti - Speed Test WiFi Analyzer
Apps for Android

DCarmi

I wonder if someone could explain to me that the speed on my pc goes up to 220Mbps but on my Sony OLED and on my fire cube with the same speed app only goes up to 94Mbps at best. All cables have been tested and are correct and good. The speed app on the pc is Ookla and the speed app on tv and cube is
41Z1dHl2vlL._SY90_.png

analiti - Speed Test WiFi Analyzer
Apps for Android
I believe the ethernet port on the Cube is limited to 100Mbs. If you have decent wifi you'd probably get better throughput, using 5GHz, depending on your router and its location relative to the Cube. I guess Amazon were cost cutting.

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that DCarmi, the cube and the tv is now hard wired to the router so i presuming that the tv is also limited to 100Mbps even though it's being fed more than 200Mbps

D

Deleted member 2457

Thanks for that DCarmi, the cube and the tv is now hard wired to the router so i presuming that the tv is also limited to 100Mbps even though it's being fed more than 200Mbps
My 74Mbps now about apparently that is what it’s suppose to be too.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

If you are going to ever stream 8K then you will need 100Mbps.
4K is about 25Mbps depending on your source.
I haven’t got it but I thought I had!

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
Just to say, i put the speed test app on a android box in the same set up and it went up to 220Mbps. So it’s a limitation of the devices (fire cube & tv), i didn’t know this, whereas the android box goes full limit. I know these devices don’t need much to make them work and that this is more than enough speed for them.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

I am ok for 8K still though:

You now have to subscribe to Explorers App though at roughly £3 a month might well do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts