What’s your current internet speed?

OliverYY

Jan 14, 2020
I don’t know anything about this. Is this bad?
Ookla says:
Ping: 9 ms
Download: 12.21
Upload: 2.13

DougK

Dec 8, 2013
Think you are going to need to state who your provider is and what broadband package you are on otherwise the results are meaningless. E.g., basic broadband, fibre, superfast fibre, light speed superfast fibre, etc.

Reactions: gel

super

Apr 7, 2009
I wonder if someone could explain to me that the speed on my pc goes up to 220Mbps but on my Sony OLED and on my fire cube with the same speed app only goes up to 94Mbps at best. All cables have been tested and are correct and good. The speed app on the pc is Ookla and the speed app on tv and cube is

analiti - Speed Test WiFi Analyzer
Apps for Android

DCarmi

Nov 15, 2019
I wonder if someone could explain to me that the speed on my pc goes up to 220Mbps but on my Sony OLED and on my fire cube with the same speed app only goes up to 94Mbps at best. All cables have been tested and are correct and good. The speed app on the pc is Ookla and the speed app on tv and cube is

analiti - Speed Test WiFi Analyzer
Apps for Android
I believe the ethernet port on the Cube is limited to 100Mbs. If you have decent wifi you'd probably get better throughput, using 5GHz, depending on your router and its location relative to the Cube. I guess Amazon were cost cutting.

super

Apr 7, 2009
Thanks for that DCarmi, the cube and the tv is now hard wired to the router so i presuming that the tv is also limited to 100Mbps even though it's being fed more than 200Mbps

super

Apr 7, 2009
Just to say, i put the speed test app on a android box in the same set up and it went up to 220Mbps. So it’s a limitation of the devices (fire cube & tv), i didn’t know this, whereas the android box goes full limit. I know these devices don’t need much to make them work and that this is more than enough speed for them.

Reactions: gel

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts