Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP still a good choice?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm replacing my whole home cinema setup and the budget is being squeezed! I'm trying to select a 'reasonable' speaker set to be fed by an Onkyo 605.

I see the Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP 5.1 set was reviewed well a couple of years ago and can now be picked up for ~£350. Am I likely to see a great difference in performance from speakers like these (just a couple of years old) and a newer slightly more expensive set (e.g. the Q 1010is at £500?)

Thanks,

Rob

A

Anonymous

Just seen that Q Acoustics are having stocking problems which is leading them to sell their 1010i package but with the old sub for £399.

I know the sub was criticised in the previous 1010 set, but given the price reduction how would the 1010i centre, front + rear with the 1010 sub stack up against the Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCPs?

Thanks,

Rob

A

Anonymous

I am in exactly the same boat,same amp decided on, but speakers I have yet to decide.

I was looking at the same setup as you and also saw the 1010, wondering whether the old 1010 sub compares to the warfadales subs.

Ideally listening to the same two speakers would help.

Did you eventually choose a set of 5.1s?

A

Anonymous

Still haven't decided on. I'm tempted by the 1010i set for £400 with the old sub. That seems to have been rated worse than the Warfedale sub but I'm more bothered about the centre speaker than a monster sub - might annoy the neighbours less!

I've seen the Wharfesales for £330 though which seems a bargain....then again the 1010is with the old sub for just £70 more...argh..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts