Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 vs Kef IQ50 floor stand speakers and Yamaha RX-V1065 v Onkyo TX-NR807 AV receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I intend to change my current receiver to either the Yamaha or Onkyo receiver. The Onkyo model cost extra GBP250. Which of the two should I get? Do you think it will be a good idea to add 2 more speakers to make my current set-up to 7.1? If I decide to go 7.1, I will add either the Wharfedale or Kef as front L/R speakers. Which would be better? What about MS Aviano 6?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I would initially stick to 5.1 and start to match up some speakers - using different manufacturers is going to give you different sounds from different speakers. The front 3 are the most important, so I'd sort out a matching front pair and centre speaker to give your movie soundtracks a little more consistency.

A

Anonymous

Thanks David, Anyway I would like to ask whether it would be a good idea to concentrate my resources to get the best AV amp I could afford and with the remaining funds buy an entry point floor standing speaker or should I go the other way, buy an entry point av amp and buy a good speaker I could afford. Or split my funds available into equal portions to buy them. Thanks

A

Anonymous

Go the 807 over the yamahas for sure. No point having good speakers and amplifying them poorly. Plus yamahas ypao is a joke. Audyssey is compellingly better and does a really good job of room acoustics.... unlike ypao.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts