Wharfedale 9.1. vs Kef 2005-1

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello, I am considering various options to improve my current speaker package. Would the Kef 2005-1 be better than the wharfedale 9.1.? Would they match well with my Arcam? I use my system mainly for music although I also enjoy a movie a couple of times a week.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I would say a pair of wharfedale's would perform better than a pair of kefs for music and movies.

Rendu, I know you want to upgrade, but with the money situation you are taking steps sideways or back.

The wharfedale speakers were 200.00 when new, I would say you need to spend AT LEAST 400.00 to hear a marked improvment.

Trust me I know, I was in the same position you are in, and I went from the 9.1 to the Monitor Audio rx1, and then the RX6.

You either need to save, or maybe an intrest free credit card, or wait until just after x-mas.

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Canada thanks for the reply. It is not so much about what budget I have, it is about what I am willing to spend on this. The budget I am considering is a around 500 Eur in total but I do not see a clear path. If I do not see that it would be a clear improvment then I will leave it for later but I am not willing to spend more neither now or later (unless I win the Chritmas lottery). Right now I do not have a subwoofer so, I need to take this into account in my decission.

The Kef package was 1000 Eur when it was first released vs the 9.1. package which was around 600. I am talking about the complete package not just the fronts. I agree with you that the kefs would probably be too small as fronts to perform well for music, this is my main concern.

I'm almost at the point of giving up so, I may just as well drop it here and continue the quest a few months later.

A

Anonymous

If you have 500 I would buy a subwoofer for the bass, as the 9.1 dont really put out any bass.

But for 500, I dont think you are going to get any better than what you have already.

Im not being difficult or anything, but I am sure most on here would advise the same thing I am.

I think there are really a few price fields for upgrade:

0-400.00 - Good starting point, which you are in

400.00 - 1000.00 - this is were you need to be looking for 2 speakers, to hear a difference.

then after that is just high end.

TRENDING THREADS