Wanted! AMP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, l listen these days mainly to Spotify (laptop, dac, amp, speakers)

I'm after a reasonable amp, only going to facilitate one input, though looking for something powerful; 75 watts (into 8ohm load) plus per channel.

Nothing too warm.

Second user recommendations please.

A

Anonymous

Hi chesterfieldhouse,

Perhaps giving us some more info will allow someone to give you a few sugustions, e.g. how much are you are you looking to spend, do you have any in mind, what speakers have you got etc, etc.

Tommy.

A

Anonymous

I think the Linn Sneaky is very reasonable and quite neutral.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Out of interest what is your DAC? Unless it's a particularly good one, you might be interested to go for an amp with internal DAC and cut down the number of boxes. You will see on this forum numerous references to the Onkyo 8050 which has got some very positive appraisals. You can use this as a standalone amplifier with digital input (no need for DAC). Even better it is a standalone network receiver, so if all you do is listen to Spotify, you can even dispense with the computer!

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the replies.

Budget is, as always, fairly flexible depending on the product; but second hand something in the region of £250.

The speakers are Epos M5i's & the dac is the CYP AU150.

l like the idea of the Onkyo, sometimes it would be nice simply to bypass the computer, it has, over the last couple of years just become the source to use with Spotify.

A

Anonymous

Anyone with suggestions, in the price range, for a stand alone powerful amp?

A

Anonymous

Rotel RA-1520 on the bay to for £460.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stunning-Rotel-RA-1520-Integrated-Amplifier-Black-Only-10-months-old-/190630187347?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item2c6271d153

Theres also an older RA-1062 for £170, which is agreat amp! :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotel-RA-1062-amplifier-boxed-mint-/260940476561?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item3cc143b091

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestions.

Can't help thinking that it's such a waste to have so many inputs when l don't need them.

Have also been considering the Naim Nait 5i.

Anyone with any last thoughts as to a "simple" in terms of layout & facilities, powerful (integrated) amp?

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
a second hand cyrus 8vs2 (maybe need a tad more than £250) would handle your speakers nicely and be upgradeable in the future by adding a psxr

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Keep an eye out on Ebay or other Forum's classified etc. for a 2nd hand/ex demo Creek Evo 2 - seem to be going for around the £350/£400 mark, though none on at the moment. You could do a lot worse, a good match for your Epos speakers. A very classy amp, and looks good too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts