Need new amp for q acoustics 3050i

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
89.5 db should play loud enough with ah the power of the yamaha amp and don demand 2x100 watt to play loud or punchy

Same amp as a Yamaha R-N303 and it has enough power
It's not for me nor others in the same boat.

I regularly frequent around 3 to 4 out of 10 on the pioneer directly pictured right next to it and 48/100 on the Arcam on both occasions they are both way in excess of the Yamaha's full volume with floorstanders.
The roskan k3 is about the same at quarter.
The Yamaha goes into clipping easily especially with it's onboard Bluetooth sounding terrible which damaged a pair of speakers.

The 48mv DC offset had me look further at the amp thinking it contributed after Yamaha wouldn't share any details but it all checked out within spec.

I always prefer atleast half the volume scale in reserve (headroom) to avoid such blunders overdriving an amp creates.

You make reference to how loud a similar amp you have being loud enough for "you" in your room with your speakers.

I commented more around the time the post was created and really don't have the time to enter a debate over how loud an amp right Infront of me is.

Suffice to say I too in-line with other people's reviews dotted around, a few in particular I remember on the richer sounds website also find the amp underpowered.

Last edited:

gasolin

Personally i won't have any problems recommending a marantz pm 6007 or even the other amp i had mission 778x if it works flawless for you bluetooth and sub out

The marantz amp cost about the same as the mission 778x which just says that mission amp is fare to expensive in other countrys, since a marantz pm6007 isn't expensive in denmark (both under 450 euro)

The pm 6007 is a little more powerfull and you have to push both hard (loud with a pair of q acoustics 3050i) if the sound gets nasty

Optimized with power cable (very thick, as a pair of 10 awg thick speaker cable (both channels) or thicker and cheap) + highest quality inakustik speaker cable and rhodium bananaplugs for im proved clarity, it's hard to wanna spend more unless you have very insensitive (or hard to drive) speakers that needs more than 2x100 watt in 8 ohm to play loud (big hegel or musical fidelity amp)

TRENDING THREADS