VirginMedia TiVo box update

scene

I see that VirginMedia has started releasing teaser info on its new Tivo powered 3D/HD box... Now let out that it will have a 1TB disk and will be capable of storing 500 hours of content (according to VM). This new box will launch next to VM's new "TiVo powered next generation connected service 'later this year'"

A

Anonymous

I am holding my breath here as far as the new Tivo Box goes. Would love to be able to connect my Home Network to the box which I do occasionaly with my Sony Blu-Ray 350 player.

But, I think its going to be pretty expensive to get it installed and connected. I cannot see the price being less than £100 or more. In all fairness though, I will wait and see.

A

Anonymous

Surely it should be free to those on the XL TV package?? We pay for HD channels so therefore should not have to pay extra for recording a decent amount of programmes in HD. Currently the Samsung boxes are rubbish, im on my 2nd within a couple of months and the 120GB of storage is not even worth having if you want to record HD stuff.

A

Anonymous

Free to those on a xl pack... LOL

Even if you pay sky 100.00 a month, you still wont get a 1tb box for free.

I think these tivo boxes will be quite expensive, and if they were to offer them free to xl customers I would leave sky in a hartbeat.

scene

canada16:
Free to those on a xl pack... LOL

Doesn't hurt to dream...

Even if you pay sky 100.00 a month, you still wont get a 1tb box for free.

I think these tivo boxes will be quite expensive, and if they were to offer them free to xl customers I would leave sky in a hartbeat.

Let's all see this, maybe if VM believe they'll get market share from Sky, they'll do this.
emotion-21.gif

But thinking about it, they'll probably do their usual trick of offering them massively discounted (£25-50) for "New" customers, and £150 for existing ones
emotion-12.gif

A

Anonymous

even at 25 or 50 i would still leave as prefer virgin BB anyway, just hate there customer services.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts