Upgrading from Marantz CD63 II Ki Signature

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

thewonderer

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a KISIG 63 which has been looks like it has also got the disc reading issue. When I opened the lid and watched what happened i noticed the tray got the disc loaded and spinned it, but it was wobbling.... not good. So I left it on for a few mins and tried again, this time it wasn't wobbling but it still had trouble reading the disc. I've just tried again and can see it's reading the disc but the disc is still 'shaking' as its being read.

I have seen the laser assembly on ebay but I don't know if this will sort this issue out...

any help appreciated.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
thewonderer said:
Hi,

I have a KISIG 63 which has been looks like it has also got the disc reading issue. When I opened the lid and watched what happened i noticed the tray got the disc loaded and spinned it, but it was wobbling.... not good. So I left it on for a few mins and tried again, this time it wasn't wobbling but it still had trouble reading the disc. I've just tried again and can see it's reading the disc but the disc is still 'shaking' as its being read.

I have seen the laser assembly on ebay but I don't know if this will sort this issue out...

any help appreciated.

Sounds more like a transport problem. There is a place in UK that does up 63SE players and sells them on ebay, it maybe worth contacting them.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
thewonderer said:
Hi,

any help appreciated.

If you found your disc wobbing it means the disc was not properly grapped by the magnetc cone mechanism. You may try pressing the coned shape circular rotating device and hope it will sit properly onto the spindle. But don't press too hard otherwise it will be stuck and the cone will not rotate. You should also check the magnetic graping disc on top of the drive and see if is properly aligned or not. Then put the CD in and rotate the disc by hand and see if youstill notice any wobbing.

Hope the above can help.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
thewonderer said:
Hi,

any help appreciated.

If you found your disc wobbing it means the disc was not properly grapped by the magnetc cone mechanism. You may try pressing the coned shape circular rotating device and hope it will sit properly onto the spindle. But don't press too hard otherwise it will be stuck and the cone will not rotate. You should also check the magnetic graping disc on top of the drive and see if is properly aligned or not. Then put the CD in and rotate the disc by hand and see if youstill notice any wobbing.

Hope the above can help.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
thewonderer said:
Hi,

any help appreciated.

Hope the above can help.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
thewonderer said:
Hi,

any help appreciated.

Hope the above can help.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
thewonderer said:
Hi,

any help appreciated.

If you found your disc wobbing it means the disc was not properly grapped by the magnetc cone mechanism. You may try pressing the coned shape circular rotating device and hope it will sit properly onto the spindle. But don't press too hard otherwise it will be stuck and the cone will not rotate. You should also check the magnetic graping disc on top of the drive and see if is properly aligned or not. Then put the CD in and rotate the disc by hand and see if you still notice any wobbing.

Hope the above can help.

thewonderer

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I checked a few discs and the clamp seems to be grabbing the disc ok and spinning up, but it just seems off balance. I can clearly see the disc wobble as it rotates and hear a sound as some part brushes another part. Am not sure how to proceed. I suspect it's been doing this for a while and gradually getting worse over the years. Maybe i need to replace the motor and laser assembly?

thanks for your help.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
thewonderer said:
Hi,

I checked a few discs and the clamp seems to be grabbing the disc ok and spinning up, but it just seems off balance. I can clearly see the disc wobble as it rotates and hear a sound as some part brushes another part. Am not sure how to proceed. I suspect it's been doing this for a while and gradually getting worse over the years. Maybe i need to replace the motor and laser assembly?

thanks for your help.

I don't think your laser has any problem and the cause may be from the disc clamp. Consider changing the disc clamp using this:

http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/misc/vam1201-disc-clamp-cd-loader-cd-short-loader-philips.htm

TRENDING THREADS