Keep your Marantz PM7200 cool

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Has the 8005 arrived yet?
Hi, thanks for asking, yeas it's arrived and I modified the unit thingy that itt sits on. The Meridian sits in a better sized compartment now, I adjusted the shelves for my CDs and my brother made some brackets for that old dresser we had to sit above the Marantz PM8005. I immediately noticed an improvement in sound and so did Simon and he isn't really into Hi Fi gear.Screenshot_2023-06-22-07-43-12-552_com.whatsapp.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for asking, yeas it's arrived and I modified the unit thingy that itt sits on. The Meridian sits in a better sized compartment now, I adjusted the shelves for my CDs and my brother made some brackets for that old dresser we had to sit above the Marantz PM8005. I immediately noticed an improvement in sound and so did Simon and he isn't really into Hi Fi gear.View attachment 4817
Sounds good. Just enjoy your new bundle.

Reactions: JDL

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
I'm waiting for my brand new B&W 707 S2 speakers to arrive now. They were supposed to come via DPD between 12.00 and 1.00 but they didn't show up. Hopefully tomorrow. I also bought some proper stands because my old speakers were sitting on a couple of little tables but the 707s are too small for the tables. I also bought pure copper wire instead of the pure silver because I read that it gives a better sound with transistor amps than silver. So I'm all set now with my upgrade. Very exciting!

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
The 707 will certainly give you a different presentation.

Let us know your thoughts.
Sure will. It's quite a small room we listen to music in and speakers have moved on a lot from the days of the B&W 602 S3 speakers. And I always detected just a little bit of 'boom' with the 602s they are quite a sizable speaker. So, although the 707 S2s are substantially smaller, I'm confident that they will sound great. I love B&W speakers. I've been hearing them for years and years and I know there are speakers out there which are as good as, and better I just like them. I suppose we all develop tastes and feelings about the brands that we're used to, that we trust and like.
There's 16874650726487948840069111650763.jpga live album that's rather rare but I would like to recommend it to anyone who fancies giving it a go. The drummer is stunning. The sound is nice to listen to, unique. They have a whimsical take on their subject matter.

Reactions: plastic penguin
Sure will. It's quite a small room we listen to music in and speakers have moved on a lot from the days of the B&W 602 S3 speakers. And I always detected just a little bit of 'boom' with the 602s they are quite a sizable speaker. So, although the 707 S2s are substantially smaller, I'm confident that they will sound great. I love B&W speakers. I've been hearing them for years and years and I know there are speakers out there which are as good as, and better I just like them. I suppose we all develop tastes and feelings about the brands that we're used to, that we trust and like.
There's View attachment 4818a live album that's rather rare but I would like to recommend it to anyone who fancies giving it a go. The drummer is stunning. The sound is nice to listen to, unique. They have a whimsical take on their subject matter.
We all have our ears tuned to certain presentations, sometimes, when demoing, it can cloud your judgement.

It seems we know the type of sounds we gravitate to more then others.

Once the stands are in place it should sound the biz.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, I certainly hope so. I have a good feeling about the speakers. I suggested some floor standers to the shop selling the 707 S2 speakers. One of my thoughts was Monitor Audio Bronze 200 and the other was Wharfedale Diamond 12.3. He said that both of these were excellent speakers but that the 700 series B&W are in a different league and will sound much better. They were heavily reduced in price and there's no way I could have afforded them at normal price. They do get a bit of a slagging from some reviewers but then others give them 10 out of 10 and say they're fantastic. I always go on my own reading, thoughts and considerations and intuition. It's never failed me yet.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Oh yes, by the by. The PM8005 sounds fantastic. It's certainly clearer, with better separation than the 7200. Less distortion as well. And I always use source direct on both amps. I think I came out on top with that swap.

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts