Upgrading bluray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I finally made a decision on choosing a new home cinema set up, I wanted to go more for higher level but as it was a complete set from scratch monies held me back, So the plan is to buy low and upgrade as and when. I have just bought

Yamaha RX-V765 amp

KEF 2005.3 Kube2 Speakers

Chord cables/hdmi etc

All from sevonoaks for £1k

My TV/Bluray is approx 2 month old

LGPS503000

LGBD370 (came with tv,would not of been my choice)

When i got home i set up the amp/speakers, Wow i was amazed, The picture changed for the better(I didnt feel anything wrong with it before mind) the sound was way more than expected for a low end system, What am to expect at higher end?? I cant stopwatching movies due to the enjoyment of sound/picture.

My question is

What difference will a better BR make, to pq or sq?

Very happy movie watcher
emotion-2.gif

await your responses

A

Anonymous

iamthetimberman:

Hi,

I finally made a decision on choosing a new home cinema set up, I wanted to go more for higher level but as it was a complete set from scratch monies held me back, So the plan is to buy low and upgrade as and when. I have just bought

Yamaha RX-V765 amp

KEF 2005.3 Kube2 Speakers

Chord cables/hdmi etc

All from sevonoaks for £1k

My TV/Bluray is approx 2 month old

LGPS503000

LGBD370 (came with tv,would not of been my choice)

When i got home i set up the amp/speakers, Wow i was amazed, The picture changed for the better(I didnt feel anything wrong with it before mind) the sound was way more than expected for a low end system, What am to expect at higher end?? I cant stopwatching movies due to the enjoyment of sound/picture.

My question is

What difference will a better BR make, to pq or sq?

Very happy movie watcher
emotion-2.gif

await your responses

Dangerous water you tread there

I got caught out the same way , 25 years ago I bought a cheap and cheerful Sony Hi Fi package £250.00 and it was very basic the first CD system I ever had

BUT I loved it the sound made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end ,I worked shifts and could not wait to get home to listen to it.

Then I had the same thoughts as yourself if this cheap and nasty piece of kit can sound sooooo good wow what would separates sound like.

So I managed to return the Sony and start my quest

About £10000.00+++ later I have not found anything to have the effect that cheap and cheerful Sony had, so beware what you wish for

PM that £10000.00 includes trying Meridian CD and transport , Musical fidelity ,Arcam amps different speakers, cables interconnects and completely changing from an interest in HiFi to now exclusively Home Cinema

Enjoy what you have for now

Regards

Andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts