upgrade options - experience with clearer audio anyone?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone use any of the cleareraudio speaker cables?

Or the power hub and leads?

I can appreciate that sheilding will make a difference (especially as the cable to my left speaker needs to pass a 6 way power block and leads), but does it really matter, that much, if the cable is copper or silver? I know that silver is a slightly better conductor and also has slightly less resistance, but is that really enough to make a "double the cost" difference (at least in sound anyway)? As the terminals on the amp and speakers and the connections on the cables would be gold, which i appreciate doesn't tarnish but is a much worse electric conductor than either copper or silver.

I'm also thinking, would the gain in sound be better if i were to for example get the copper line speaker cable, power hub and 2 power leads (one for cd and amp) + the extra one cos the hub doesn't come with one.

Or would it be worth while to go for the silver line stuff, but not all in one go.

On a different note.. anyone use any isolation feet for the cd player? Did it make a difference?

Thanks for any advice,

Dan.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I found that the biggest gain came on a power lead for my CDP rather than on the amp. Get a Tacima conditioner and maybe a Clearer Audio or a Nordost to start off with and build from there.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Whilst I dont have any of their gear, I would echo Joels comments reference the biggest difference being the power lead to your source. Amazed by mine, daily

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
I have a Clearer Audio Copperline mains cable (the one around £100).

Does it make a different - certainly yes to both my amp and cd player.

Interestingly i agree with JoelSim that the biggest change was with the CD player expanding the soundstage hugely. In my smallish room though i didnt actually prefer it as it lost some of the bass punch along with it.

But all is not lost as adding to the amplifier really was superb extending the bass and improving clarity and this was where it felt best for me.

So yes it does make it difference but its best use may be subjective to systems and personal preferences. Try one and see - they offer a money back deal and are very helpful from experience.

A

Anonymous

I bought several cables from Darren at Clearer Audio. A very nice chap & very knowledgeable. He wont try and sell you the most expensive cables. In fact he reccommended I use copper-line alpha for some of my components and either copper-line or silver line for others.

One word of warning - allow 3-4 weeks to let them run in (is burn in the correct term?).

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the replies guys.

It says on their website that they come burnt in.

I might send them an email or give them a ring and see what they advise for me then. But I'll deffinately upgrade the power side of things then (to both CD and amp) as this seems to come highly recommended.

Anyone think their copper line speaker cable would be better than chord epic super twin? Or the silver line better than chord signature? Cos price is similar once terminated.

Cheers, Dan.

TRENDING THREADS