UPgrade of a SONOS ZP90

etlmdhn

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Current set up is Cyrus CD8x, SONOS ZP90 feeding a Cyrus Pre VS2 via analogue interconnects, and Cyrus 8Power, Ruark Templar Speakers.
I am looking to audition a DAC solution to improve the SONOS and secondly the CD (which I use rarely as all CDs are ripped in Apple Lossless format on a Buffalo NAS)
Would the Audiolab MDAC or ARCAM rDAC be a match the Pre Amp factory upgrade to a Cyrus PReXPd (£799).
Any thoughts or actual experiences out there.

etlmdhn

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
That would be the next step after adding a DAC. How does the AudioLab M-Dac compare to a CYRUS upgrade of the preamp to the PreXPd or the reXPd QX?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
etlmdhn said:
That would be the next step after adding a DAC.
What would be the point if you're adding a DAC? My understanding of those other mods is that they're designed to improve the analogue outputs. What do you have against an all Cyrus solution?

etlmdhn

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can see the SONOS upgrades still requires it to be fed to a DAC. I have no problem with an all CYRUS solution I was wondering whether the much raved AudioLab M-DAC is in the same league as the DACs in the PRE XPd. I can upgrade my PRe for around £800 (£1000 for the QX version) but the M-DAC is£600 + cables.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts