Went in for an interconnect and ended up buying a new Cyrus Amp and a Sonos!

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Owch!

Went in for some interconnects for my Tuner but........

I had been looking at the Z90 for a while and got some good answers on these forums that helped me make quiz the saleman about it and subsequently relieve myself of the readies....

I have also upgraded my Arcam Delta 90 to the Cyrus 6 vs2 (calculated panic buy) and I am simply amazed at the quality now coming out of my system. As it is now an end of line model, I managed to get it for £450, which I think is an absolute bargain (Practical HiFi Manchester) - what do you think?

I'll probably need to upgrade my old Mission 751's (good Christmas present coming) but for now they are still doing a great job...

If you have an Apple Itouch or Iphone, I'd recommend anybody to look at the cheap option of the basic Sonos Z90 unamplified unit. It works a treat, especially through my old Audio Alchemy DAC (with new Chord cables). This really impressed the family (my older sons both have Itouches) and they think it's the "best gadget ever" - they currently like to change what I'm listening to in the lounge from their bedrooms.

I ripped duffy's Warwick Avenue at 320Kbps and compared the rip to the original CD. Very little in it. The family couldn't tell the difference at all in a "blindfold test" and even preferred the Sonos version.

Only question is regarding importing covers to the MP3's that I'm playing on the Sonos. Is there a program that I can easily use to import covers to my fine collection of ill gotten MP3's, so that they display properly on the Itouch when operating the Sonos?

A

Anonymous

I use Media Monkey and that will retrospectively add album art to FLAC and MP3 files- I'm sure there are other tools out there as well though....

TRENDING THREADS