Upgrade advice, please

hunnyy

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I am considering an upgrade to my A/V system, and would be grateful for any wise thoughts.

I have a dedicated home cinema room approx. 5m x 4m. I have a Samsung 50" plasma TV, which I will probably change in the near future to a projector or larger plasma. However, it is regarding the audio side of things where I would really appreciate advice.

My system comprises of a Yamaha RX-V3800 amp, Sony BD-760 blu-ray player, Monitor Audio GR10 speakers left, right and centre, Epos M series (£350 ish) subwoofer, Mission rear speakers (matches okay, no problem with these) and quality speaker cable (Chord Odyssey) and other cables (such as Chord Active HDMI and Russ Andrews Powercord mains cables). I don't listen to CDs on this system; it's for movies and music video DVDs/blu-rays.

I think the sound is pretty good, actually, but wonder if I can obtain an appreciable step-up with a budget between £1,000 - £3,000.

Many thanks.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Although you say you are happy with your rear speakers, one option would be to replace them with the GR10s and upgrade the fronts to MS floorstanders (GS20?). I guess you might have to upgrade the centre too and check, of course, that the 'bigger' sound isn't too much for your room.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

I have heard the Yamaha DSP-Z7 amplifier is a fantastic amp and can be had for £1300 on the internet, perhaps cheaper, although your present amp is very capable.

Blu ray player, you would probaly have to jump to the £900 sony blu ray player for a better performance there.

System Floorstanding speakers can create a fantastic sound stage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts