Unbelievably good upgrade! I am now a believer!!

AndyWright

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,

just thought I have to share my little tale about a small upgrade to my system that made a huge difference!

Until just recently I was very dubious about the benefits of Mains Products! But I thought I'll take the plunge and bought a Tacima CS929 mains conditioner at a bargain price (£22).

And Wow! has it made a difference! Even though I have a small budget system ,the sound AND picture quality has notably improved. The sound is clearer, the picture is noise free and I can't sing its praises enough. Even the missus said to me and I quote:"Doesn't the TV look sharper all of a sudden?" !!!! As you can tell I've been converted and I cant wait to further improve my system in such an easy and convenient way with some mains cables.

Never will I doubt WHF again!! Well done guys youv'e made my Christmas!

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
AndyWright:

Hi everyone,

just thought I have to share my little tale about a small upgrade to my system that made a huge difference!

Until just recently I was very dubious about the benefits of Mains Products! But I thought I'll take the plunge and bought a Tacima CS929 mains conditioner at a bargain price (£22).

And Wow! has it made a difference! Even though I have a small budget system ,the sound AND picture quality has notably improved. The sound is clearer, the picture is noise free and I can't sing its praises enough. Even the missus said to me and I quote:"Doesn't the TV look sharper all of a sudden?" !!!! As you can tell I've been converted and I cant wait to further improve my system in such an easy and convenient way with some mains cables.

Never will I doubt WHF again!! Well done guys youv'e made my Christmas!

Had exactly the same reaction when I bought one!

Only problem is, that's probably where the upgrade bug began to take hold! Next it was mains cables (Clearer Audio Copperline Alphas - another great one!), then came speaker cables, then sub interconnect, and eventually brand new speakers!

I love this site, but it's cost me a lot of money!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Pleased that you have tried, the results speak for themselves, don't they?

Have a very good Xmas

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Glad to have helped; the Tacima (aka the Lindy) is a neat little unit that can bring real benefits on a system such as yours. Enjoy!

Are the 2 'definitely' the 'exact' same then Clare? (I know they look the same, but they could have different components in there somehwhere)

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Glad you took the plunge Andy
emotion-21.gif

Just bear in mind that some amps work better direct to the mains as opposed to a cheap conditioner

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
aliEnRIK:
Clare Newsome:Glad to have helped; the Tacima (aka the Lindy) is a neat little unit that can bring real benefits on a system such as yours. Enjoy!

Are the 2 'definitely' the 'exact' same then Clare? (I know they look the same, but they could have different components in there somehwhere)

Yes, we had it confirmed they were one and same.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:aliEnRIK:

Yes, we had it confirmed they were one and same.

Cheers Clare ~ so how come the lindy scored 5 stars when it costs more?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Because at the time we tested it, we were told the Tacima was about to be discontinued - thus making the Lindy the best-value option. But it seems there are discount stocks of the Tacima still around! (Often deals on the Lindy, too, to be fair).

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Because at the time we tested it, we were told the Tacima was about to be discontinued - thus making the Lindy the best-value option. But it seems there are discount stocks of the Tacima still around! (Often deals on the Lindy, too, to be fair).

Makes sense. I can only assume theres a hell of a lot of Tacimas still floating around then!

A

Anonymous

i got two not long ago to replace my belkin av mains block, it was one of the better value upgrade i have made seemed to make a difference where ever it was used it just seemed to clean the picture or sound up. worst upgrade to me value wise was power cables just did'nt seem to change much when you take into account the cost of them.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Well it is a mass-produced block - these things are made by the container-load, not one by one!

Eh? I'm sending mine back then

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts