unable to record on sky +

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

today i tried to switch on my sky + but it would not switch on from the remote or from the button on the box, disconnected power supply then switched back on everything seemed ok untill id tried to record a programme, when i pressed to record button it give you error message and code 06-0,also the system will switch off the on/off button stays green, the rest of the system seem to work fine. i have called sky they tried system reload but to no avail, then usual comment we can sent engineer but would be cheeper to upgrade.

wondered if anyone has come across the same problem

Thanks Andy

daveh75

It's a common fault,(06-0-unable to playback or record) and if re-booting the box,planner rebuild etc hasn't worked, it's probably one of two things- either the HDD is faulty or possibly the PSU is on it's way out.

A

Anonymous

thanks for reply,

didnt think it would be anything simple

arty

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem with my son's sky+ box... I ended up reformatting the hard drive and all works well now.

turn off power hold the left and right button then power up (the sky ring will light up).

then press the select button - sky ring will spin in reverse to show it is working.

An obvious flaw in the plan is that everything is deleted from the hard drive

A

Anonymous

hi

i turned power off, then pressed left and right buttons then powered up, pressed select button, nothing seemed to happen so i tried to record and now works ok, all my recorded programs are there to. i think it was more look than judgement tho

Thanks for the info

Andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts