TV newb with some Qs

Hawkmoon

Feb 19, 2020
Visit site
Hey guys, haven't bought a new TV in 10 years so my knowledge is well out of date ! Do you mind if I ask some Qs?

I note that you more or less can't buy a 1080p TV any more, they are all 4k or 8k
1. But I have lots of 1080p blu-ray discs and an old but good 1080p blu ray player that doesn't upscale to 4k. How will blu rays look on a 4k TV? I am guessing the TV will do some internal upscaling? Is the quality of that highly variable from one TV to another?
2. I also only have Sky Q in 1080p - so same question, what is Sky Q going to look like upscaled to 4k by a current TV?
3. Any 50 inch mid-price TV recommendations bearing in mind those points above about me not having 4k source material ?

Thanks !

My experience is that modern TVs upscale 1080 very well, so I wouldn't worry about that - though if you are able to have a demo before buying , that might help you decide whether you like one particular model more. If yo are UK-based, Richer Sounds would always be my first port of call. Good pricing, happy to let you demo and a six-year warranty (not sure if that applies t all TVs, but it did to mine).

Hawkmoon

Feb 19, 2020
Visit site
My experience is that modern TVs upscale 1080 very well, so I wouldn't worry about that - though if you are able to have a demo before buying , that might help you decide whether you like one particular model more. If yo are UK-based, Richer Sounds would always be my first port of call. Good pricing, happy to let you demo and a six-year warranty (not sure if that applies t all TVs, but it did to mine).
Cheers yes last TV from them at their Guildford branch so might book a visit

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts