Tv mains lead

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Sony 32D3000 television, and I was wondering becuase I had to use the mains lead provided in the box for something else, I went to media markt and asked them if they sell mains leads as separates and they said that they have the mains leads which connect pcs to the mains which should work on the tv. From what I saw it looks similar (with 3 holes in order to connect to the back of the TV) I am just afraid that I could damage the tv if I use it.

What do you think??

John Duncan

No should be fine if it's just a kettle lead connector like this:

21025.jpg

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Tear Drop"]Important - make sure it uses the same fuse rating as the orginal mains lead, should tell you in the instruction manual.[/quote] Indeed, this is important. If you use a power cable with a higher rating of fuse than is needed (as specified in the manual or supplied power cable) then damage could occur in the event of a fault or overload. Unfortunately most replacement UK mains cables will come with a 13A fuse as standard; so if your screen requires anything less then it would be worth replacing the fuse. Of course if you are using a mains cable with a SCHUKO type plug then no fuse is required. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Darren Smith

TRENDING THREADS