Turntable, how to reduce excessive "bass" movement ?

gasolin

At a local flea market there was records and i bought one (the traveling willburys)

Argon audio tt-1 with a Black Diamond - TF 1,5g - 2,0g - ATN-3651E cartridge playing medium loud i still got this excessive movement of my woofer
do to subsonic bass OR my modest priced tt and amp don't go so good together + lack of subsonic filter, i do use a shelf for my tt

(mine was cheaper) i think it's this one

argttwa_o_1[1].jpg

I have seen and commented on people having there tt next to there speaker, saying they don't have bass problems

Is there i way i can reduce it alot ? Feet or a differenet cartridge ? I don't wanna put something heavy under my tt since im shure my wall,shelf can't handle something heavy. I could move it but then i have an empty shelf or holes in my wall i have to fix

Unfortunately, ported speakers often lack LF damping, and arm/cartridge combinations can produce excessive LF which only subsonic filters will roll off.

If it sounds ok don’t be too bothered by the appearance of a wobbling woofer. But if the cone is making cracking noises then back off the volume.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts