Trying to connect all my HiFi / TV / PS3 together - Not sure where to begin

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Really need some advice on A) how best to get all this stuff connected and B) what cables you would recommend:

Never brought HiFI and other stuff together but want to try. I just get thrown by the options regarding connections (optical, analogue, coex) and how to rig it all up. Any basic guide and ideas much appreciated. Would love to have ready for the start of the World Cup this weekend!!!

My stuff:

Macbook (spotify)

Denon tuner TU1800DAB

PS3

Exposure XV (old but still packs a punch - analogue only)

DacMagic

LG TVHD (cant remember the actual model but only 2 years old - optical and HDMI)

B&W 685 speakers

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Spotify

Macbook->Optical/USB->DacMagic->Analog Interconnects->Exposure XV->Speaker cable->B&W 685 speakers

PS3 Option 1

PS3->HDMI->TV->Analog Interconnects?->Exposure XV->Speaker cable->B&W 685 speakers

PS3 Option 2

PS3->HDMI->TV
PS3->Optical->DacMagic->Analog Interconnects->Exposure XV->Speaker cable->B&W 685 speakers

I believe this option will require you to go for the USB connection from your Macbook as the optical input on the DacMagic will be in use by the PS3.

Tuner

Denon tuner TU1800DAB->Analog Interconnects->Exposure XV->Speaker cable->B&W 685 speakers

A

Anonymous

Wow!!! Thank you for this.

Quick additional question:

Any point in connecting my DAB tuner to the DacMagic? Your guide suggests not. It does have an optical output.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Could do as it looks like the DacMagic has 2 digital inputs...providing one for your PS3 and one for your tuner.

I'm not familiar with your tuner so am unable to say whether the DAC in the DacMagic is better than the DAC in the tuner. Ofcourse, you could always experiment ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts