True HD Sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there i am thinking of upgrading my receiver over the Xmas period so i can obtain true HD sound but am i right in thinking the only way to actually use True HD or dts HD in via a Blu-ray disc?

Do PS3 games use True HD sound?

Can i get True HD sound from Sky HD?

Can i get True HD sound from my Apple TV?

Thanks in advance as i am just waying up whether to spend the £430 on the Denon 1910 and upgrade from my basic Sony Av receiver or not.

A

Anonymous

So is it worth spending the £430 on the Denon 1910 to get True HD over what i already have which is a basic Sony 1200es if i can only actually get the true HD sound via a Blue-ray disc.

Do we know if the PS3 games, Sky HD, Apple TV have any future plans to use True HD?

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
there aren't any plans that I am aware of to give Dolby HD etc via those sources (gamers don't tend to care enough, Sky cannot afford the bandwidth on their current tech). The 1910 however will give a better sound and will upscale your picture quality. It's a much better bit of kit, but do try to listen to one before you buy - it will sound a lot warmer than your sony.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice i have a budget of around the £425 mark so the 3 i am currently considering are:-

Denon 1910

Sony 2400

Yamaha 863

Would you say the Denon would be the best option? I currently use the KEF 2005.2 5.1 speakers

A

Anonymous

andytucker:
So is it worth spending the £430 on the Denon 1910 to get True HD over what i already have which is a basic Sony 1200es if i can only actually get the true HD sound via a Blue-ray disc

What u have at the moment is only Dolby Pro Logic, with the proper kabels maybe Dolby Digital 5.1.

Buy a new amp and a decent blu ray player and u have everything in one buy, take a look at Onkyo`s amps of Yamaha very good quality for the dinero`s. Blu ray....I would look at either Pioneer BDP320/LX52 or the new Sony 760, reckon u can achieve both for around 800 smackerroonies.

greetings Steve

A

Anonymous

andytucker:
So is it worth spending the £430 on the Denon 1910 to get True HD over what i already have which is a basic Sony 1200es if i can only actually get the true HD sound via a Blue-ray disc.

Do we know if the PS3 games, Sky HD, Apple TV have any future plans to use True HD?

Do you have, or plan to buy, many blu-ray discs? if yes, go for it, the HD sound is awesome, if not, or not for a while, and you like what you have, I'd keep it for the mo, prices will only come down and the tech improve.

Like Big A says HD sound uses too much bandwidth for sky, I doubt they've got any plans to implement it any time soon, right now the semi HD (720) is still a bit of a novelty for most subscribers with only a minority uptake. Same goes for cable, downloads etc. Personally I've got a sneaking suspicion the powers that be are quite happy with the status quo, with blu-ray purchases necessary to get the "definitive HD experience" at least for a couple of years.

burner

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
having just read these posts am wondering if you or anybody could enlighten me as the best way to interconnect my 'system' which is as follows;

samsung 37" LCD (series 5)

PS3 (40gig version)

sky+ HD (amstrad STB)

yamaha YSP30D soundbar

i have it all connected (somehow lol) with 3 HDMI's (monster) and 1 optical cable.

any replies in 'plain english' would be appreciated.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts