Totem Arro vs Dynaudio 52SE vs Proac 110s?

DeimosNZ

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone have experience of these two speakers? Both are available to me at the moment at a good price.

My music tastes are varied (jazz, pop, heavy rock) and my lounge is 'medium' sized.

I suspect that the Dyns are the better choice for general use- but I would be interested in your thoughts.

(how does the Rainmaker compare also?)

A

Anonymous

I suspect you'll find the Totem Arro easier to use in most rooms. I had the Contour 1.3 - similar to the 52SE - and they boomed terribly. I had to revert to 1.1s. What are your electronics?

A

Anonymous

I agree with drummerman. Id say a juicy pre/power combo is needed to get the most out of those Dyns

A

Anonymous

Arcam and totem is a really sweet sounding pair. I say totem for anyone who likes jazz.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Proac speakers. Don't forget the try the Tablette's. They are amazing speakers despite their diminutive size. The Arro's are quite smooth, but eventually fail trying to do everything well. The Dynaudio's aren't anything special. They are about to be replaced with new models anyways.

DeimosNZ

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="batonwielder"]I'm a big fan of Proac speakers. Don't forget the try the Tablette's. They are amazing speakers despite their diminutive size. The Arro's are quite smooth, but eventually fail trying to do everything well. The Dynaudio's aren't anything special. They are about to be replaced with new models anyways.[/quote]

Thanks, I am trying to keep the list as small as possible (otherwise I could add in the Usher X-718 and PSB Synchrony stand-mounts...).

I want something that looks good in a lounge and sounds appealing- seems to be a packed price point

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts