Tone Controls

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

peterpiper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
davedotco said:
peterpiper said:
davedotco said:
Vladimir said:
Dave still has the need to educate us just like he did with his customers in his Wilmslow Hi-End Audio days in Cheshire.

"No tone controls for you Mr. Ferguson. £5000 USB cable will sort that piano timing issues with a touch of vibrato to the bass clarinet just the way you like it. Here, I'll put the phone next to the speaker so you hear the night-and-day difference. Yes. Yes, it is marvelous, I know. I'll charge it to your card as usual."

What a lovely thought, though sadly I have never been to Cheshire.

I believe it is in what is called 'the Northern Wastelands'.

those 'wastelands' have more millionaires per sq mile than anywhere else in UK

what a vile place it must be

Actually I was joking, I have friends in both Wilmslow and Chester with whom I used to stay regularly.

Very pleasant to visit, though I never lived there as such.

I was joking too, I like that area around south Manchester, Knutsfords a nice little place to visit, penny farthing tea rooms !

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't.
icon_cool.gif

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have played about with tone controls in the past to see if I could make a recording sound better but whenever I have tried to make one part of the sound better it seems to make another part of the sound worse so I just kept constantly twiddling the tone controls back and forth and was never satisfied!

So I learnt very early on that in reality they are almost useless and never bothered with them again, I just accept the music for what it is .

So now I don't have any tone controls and could not be happier , does that mean I am posh :? ;)

Less is more :)

TrevC

Electro said:
I have played about with tone controls in the past to see if I could make a recording sound better but whenever I have tried to make one part of the sound better it seems to make another part of the sound worse so I just kept constantly twiddling the tone controls back and forth and was never satisfied!

So I learnt very early on that in reality they are almost useless and never bothered with them again, I just accept the music for what it is .

So now I don't have any tone controls and could not be happier , does that mean I am posh :? ;)

Less is more :)

Frightfully posh. Toodle pip!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts