To Sub or Not to Sub?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im currently the very happy owner of the BX2 Fronts and Centre speakers and was looking into getting a subwoofer for my system. Im looking at the Acoustic Energy Neo V1 (£250-300) or V2(£180).

Is their much difference between the two?

Also would their be less vibrations and bass coming from the BX2 Stereo speakers if I purchased a subwoofer and let that handle the lower frequencies?

Would adding a sub to my 5.1 setup make much difference?

My living room size is 4.5m x 3.5m ish

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey Dude, YOu have got to add the sub. You have no idea what you are missing and i promise you that you will have no regrets!!! It's totally transforms your home cinema experience.

A

Anonymous

The BX2 Stereo Speakers do offer quite a bit of Bass already though compared to my old Satellite speakers.

I was wondering if it would improve the quality of sound from the BX2 by allowing it to only pass out the higher frequencies

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
craigtumilty:
The BX2 Stereo Speakers do offer quite a bit of Bass already though compared to my old Satellite speakers.

I was wondering if it would improve the quality of sound from the BX2 by allowing it to only pass out the higher frequencies

Just do it!!

Subs add to the whole experience, you can allow your speakers to work with the sub, or send a dedicated LFE via your amp (at say 80 Hz and below)

It is a no brainer, you will be amazed at what you have missed once the sub is installed

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
I had the Mission 753 speakers and thought that was good enough until I changed my HT setup to the MT30 and boy oh boy, had been missing something real good. You can look into the possibility of being able to do a demo. Check out your local dealer with a deposit paid and a potential sale, they may welcome you with open arms.

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
I've got linn isobarik speakers and thought they would be big enough without adding a sub...how wrong i was. I was so impressed when i added the sub that i bought a second one.

A

Anonymous

Add a sub. Just add a sub. I don't care what front L/R you're running, add a sub. You wont regret it...

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know though if i add a subwoofer will it reduce the vibrations coming from the Front Speakers and improve the sound?

Im not too bothered about blistering Bass etc as it only increases the complaints from neighbours or annoys them!

A

Anonymous

craigtumilty:
Does anyone know though if i add a subwoofer will it reduce the vibrations coming from the Front Speakers and improve the sound?

Im not too bothered about blistering Bass etc as it only increases the complaints from neighbours or annoys them!

Well you could set the AVR with a cross over point of somewhere between 80 to 100Hz, this would mean no LFE effects coming from the front pair, only the subwoofer, this would allow the front speakers to concentrate on the high and mid range frequency, so should improve the clarity. Also, you will only have one source of LFE, so isolating maybe easier, also you can alter the level of the output by either turning the level down or using a night mode or adaptive DRC mode to reduce the volume levels on loud scenes.

A

Anonymous

Does DRC work on DTS-HD / TrueHD too? My old system only worked on AC3 and not DTS

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts