This is the AV rack you need gel

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Clicky.

Once the TV is fixed to the bracket, the upper shelf can be used to place the centre speaker. It's customisable according to your requirements.
Cheers BB! Over a £1000 though.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
What did you pay for the HD DVD player and films, Gel?

Are the films worth owning?

How many of these titles do you already own on BD?

Are you likely to watch any of these titles more than once?

The purchase only makes a degree of sense if you paid very little for the package and can watch a bunch of films you're keen to see and don't already own.

Even if the purchase represents some value in the above regards, it remains evidence of obsessive and compulsive behavioural patterns.

As I'm sure you know, I ask the above questions from a point of concern rather than criticism.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
What did you pay for the HD DVD player and films, Gel?

Are the films worth owning?

How many of these titles do you already own on BD?

Are you likely to watch any of these titles more than once?

The purchase only makes a degree of sense if you paid very little for the package and can watch a bunch of films you're keen to see and don't already own.

Even if the purchase represents some value in the above regards, it remains evidence of obsessive and compulsive behavioural patterns.

As I'm sure you know, I ask the above questions from a point of concern rather than criticism.
Hi mate, just paid £65 for a Toshiba HD DVD player with 35 HD DVD discs. It's got the high definition sound on it too. My dad had the Toshiba HD DVD 30 one and it was really good on his Pioneer it outshone Blu-Ray by quite a bit. I have bought the 35 one which like I said does the sound. The discs are a mixture, I have Top Gun and Batman Begins but that's it I think.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
How do you propose to connect the Toshiba to your system?
HDMI cable, **** do I need two? That's not going to work is it? I suppose I will have to disconnect my Blu-Ray player and hock it up, and change it each time. *smile*. Didn't think of that!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Hi mate, just paid £65 for a Toshiba HD DVD player with 35 HD DVD discs. It's got the high definition sound on it too. My dad had the Toshiba HD DVD 30 one and it was really good on his Pioneer it outshone Blu-Ray by quite a bit. I have bought the 35 one which like I said does the sound. The discs are a mixture, I have Top Gun and Batman Begins but that's it I think.

Well, as others have said, there will be no difference in video quality between HD DVD and BD (that said, some HD DVD titles were better mastered than their BD counterpart while there was still a HD disc player format war, but they were few in number).

It's hardly catastrophic value and probably of interest to a small niche of collectors (I sold my Pioneer LD player and discs to a collector several years back).

At the same time, it's an unnecessary purchase and evidence of compulsive buying, and should be recognised as such; especially when you already own a BD player (one of countless you've worked through) and Blu-ray discs are cheap second hand and near-future proofed in terms of compatibility.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Any HDMI in slots in your AVR that is free?
Think so, although I can't see the back at present. I will have a look.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
gel said:

Well, as others have said, there will be no difference in video quality between HD DVD and BD (that said, some HD DVD titles were better mastered than their BD counterpart while there was still a HD disc player format war, but they were few in number).

It's hardly catastrophic value and probably of interest to a small niche of collectors (I sold my Pioneer LD player and discs to a collector several years back).

At the same time, it's an unnecessary purchase and evidence of compulsive buying, and should be recognised as such; especially when you already own a BD player (one of countless you've worked through) and Blu-ray discs are cheap second hand and near-future proofed in terms of compatibility.
Probably right.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
i've seen it all..why would you WANT to buy hd dvd stuff? you certainly dont need it, and yes blu ray is better picture quality over hd-dvd over what was previously mentioned

D

Deleted member 2457

I have decided to put another stand next to mine and just swap the HDM`I cables between TVs. *smile*

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
not a good idea to keep swapping over hdmi leads between different items, it can lead to the pins on the connectors becoming broken, plus other things like damaging the hdmi sockets and if done too many times you may start not getting any picture and/or sound.

*music2*

D

Deleted member 2457

macdiddy said:
not a good idea to keep swapping over hdmi leads between different items, it can lead to the pins on the connectors becoming broken, plus other things like damaging the hdmi sockets and if done too many times you may start not getting any picture and/or sound.

*music2*
Oh dear I have bought the stuff now!

D

Deleted member 2457

macdiddy said:
hdmi switchbox or preferably use the spare inputs on the back of your amp, this way you will get Hd sound as well.

*music2*
whats a HDMI switch box?

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
macdiddy said:
hdmi switchbox or preferably use the spare inputs on the back of your amp, this way you will get Hd sound as well.

*music2*
whats a HDMI switch box?
how does it work? You mean put all HDMI inputs into one TV, do you?

D

Deleted member 2457

I have bought the extra HDMI cables all 5 metres of them!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts