The Smith Deluxe Boxset - just arrived and wow!!!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
got a despatch notice for this yesterday and wasn't expecting it today, just arrived and all i am going to say is wow - they have really done a good job with the packaging the attention to detail in perfect even to the extent of the vinyl albums having copies of stickers - all the cd as well are miniture versions of the vinyl albums packaging. this is the most expensive box set i have ever bought after the beatles but is already head and shoulders above it.

Just put on the first piece of vinyl and can't turn up as gf is in bed but sounding pretty sweet!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
211155_01.JPG

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I getcha.

Likewise.

Bit of an unfair comparison though as the Smiths box set is double the price?

Pleased you like it though especially as it was a 'surprise' purchase ;)

VinylRush

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm green with envy >) LOL.

I put on Hatful of Hollow CD the other night to test my new Rega setup. It sounded friggin awesome!! I'd forgotton how good The Smiths were! This Charming man, How Soon Is Now, This Night Has Opened My Eyes, Back To The Old House - friggin hell this band was easily the best of the 80's by a country mile.

Having only just got my first turntable a few weeks ago this has set me on a course to get all the singles and albums on vinyl. Hell if the CD sounded this good the vinyl will sound even better. I already have a few original 12" singles on Vinyl that I bought in the 90's (Panic, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, This Charming Man and The Boy With The Thorn In His Side) and I'm going to aquire the whole 12" single set over the next year plus the albums on vinyl too.

Your set looks fantastic and I bet it sounds awesome. Do you have any of the original vinyl to compare it too?

Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts