Tucana ii my thoughts!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
MickyBlue said:
i've just looked at the top of my amp and i don't have any orange led's visable, you might want to contact leema to clarify what these are.

what inputs are you using? i will replicate and see if these LED's appear....

that is strange! I can quite cleraly see the orange led glowing inside on either sides near where the power supplies are. I emailed the dealer with the picture and he said

"these are Ok, sorry Animesh that's the LED's on the bias control ... perfectly normal although normally you don't notice them quite so much :) "

i will also contact and send those picture to Harry at leema.

i am using cd and aux in put.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
If I find something worthy of my attention to get slagged, you can bet your Werther's Originals it's doing something right.

And Andrew is the forum 2015 MVP, so behave accordingly and chill out.
emot-nyd.gif

*flogs handbag at DM*

This is your fault for mentioning peeling eggs. It generates chaos!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
If I find something worthy of my attention to get slagged, you can bet your Werther's Originals it's doing something right.

*flogs handbag at DM*

You have to blame Cno.

He coerced me into it with his grapes.

MickyBlue

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
MickyBlue said:
i've just looked at the top of my amp and i don't have any orange led's visable, you might want to contact leema to clarify what these are.

that is strange! I can quite cleraly see the orange led glowing inside on either sides near where the power supplies are. I emailed the dealer with the picture and he said

"these are Ok, sorry Animesh that's the LED's on the bias control ... perfectly normal although normally you don't notice them quite so much :) "

i have duplicated your input and can't see a thing, sorry mate, hopefully leema will get back to you soon

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
MickyBlue said:
Animesh Ghose said:
MickyBlue said:

i have duplicated your input and can't see a thing, sorry mate, hopefully leema will get back to you soon

cheers for that. I have contacted leema and must say their response time is pretty fast. This is whar they have said

Animesh,

This is normal, these LEDs indicate that the bias circuit is functioning correctly.

You only need to be concerned if they stop glowing, and this has never happened in the 7 years I have been at Leema.

Enjoy.

Regards
Harry Gilbertson
Leema Acoustics

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
R any of u guys good at peeling onoins? We short staffed at the restaurant. Could do with a extra pair of hands :)
That's Mrs Cno's department. *diablo*

(I'm not suggesting it, though.)

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
If I find something worthy of my attention to get slagged, you can bet your Werther's Originals it's doing something right.?

And Andrew is the forum 2015 MVP, so behave accordingly and chill out.?

*flogs handbag at DM*

What does mpv stand for?
Im only reacting to pp misquoted my posts taking my compliments and twisting them so he can prove a point

He does it all the time .

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:

*flogs handbag at DM*

What does mpv stand for? Im only reacting to pp misquoted my posts taking my compliments and twisting them so he can prove a point

You should know by now that when Leema is discussed we all approach PP with staffs and nets as precaution. That's him growling at you to protect his natural habbitat.

MVP - Most Valuable Poster. I'm not being cynical, you're my pick for Forum Member of 2015. *drinks*

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:

*flogs handbag at DM*

What does mpv stand for? Im only reacting to pp misquoted my posts taking my compliments and twisting them so he can prove a point

You should know by now that when Leema is discussed we all approach PP with staffs and nets as precaution. That's him growling at you to protect his natural habbitat.

MVP - Most Valuable Poster. I'm not being cynical, you're my pick for Forum Member of 2015. *drinks*

absolutely nailed it!!

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
If I find something worthy of my attention to get slagged, you can bet your Werther's Originals it's doing something right.?

And Andrew is the forum 2015 MVP, so behave accordingly and chill out.?

*flogs handbag at DM*

This is your fault for mentioning peeling eggs. It generates chaos!?

MVP - Most Valuable Poster. I'm not being cynical, you're my pick for Forum Member of 2015. *drinks*

Oh that does make sense now. Its very easy to do so. Almost irresistible. For that i maybe am guilty. But when my posts are made out to be bad when that was not intended i have to defend myself. Enough i move on

Can we *** this in the bud? The Andrew/PP/Vlad show kicked off by me replying to 'The Mad One', when he reiled to Bigfish, who has the same amp as me

Bigfish quote: "Its gonna take a very good amp to beat it for quality and value for money"

The Mad one said:.

"Absolutly easy on beating on sound quality and value."

"Abrahamsen v.20 up less than twice the price twice as nice on sound quality also better looking"

So I responded to The Mad One by saying: What evidence do you have? Have you heard the Pulse or Tucana blah blah.

Then Andrew piles in by saying I'm turning this into "your amp is better than mine". I wasn't. I asked a legitimate question on whether he had any substance behind his assumption that the Abram is better value and better sound than the Pulse?

As I've mentioned before, I dislike people deciding on a component without hearing it, regardless of make. Wouldn't dream of saying the Hegel is good, bad or indifferent - or any other amp. Yes, I have slagged off Naim Nait 5i - I had it on home dem with my old RS6s. Dreadful combo. On the flipside, I've heard the same amp with other speakers and it was very good.

(Andrew: Yes I had more important things than argue the toss with you: Mrs. P had to have her leg dressing changed, and she was in pain).

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Can we *** this in the bud? The Andrew/PP/Vlad show kicked off by me replying to 'The Mad One', when he reiled to Bigfish, who has the same amp as me

Bigfish quote: "Its gonna take a very good amp to beat it for quality and value for money"

"Abrahamsen v.20 up less than twice the price twice as nice on sound quality also better looking"

So I responded to The Mad One by saying: What evidence do you have? Have you heard the Pulse or Tucana blah blah.

Then Andrew piles in by saying I'm turning this into "your amp is better than mine". I wasn't. I asked a legitimate question on whether he had any substance behind his assumption that the Abram is better value and better sound than the Pulse?

As I've mentioned before, I dislike people deciding on a component without hearing it, regardless of make. Wouldn't dream of saying the Hegel is good, bad or indifferent - or any other amp. Yes, I have slagged off Naim Nait 5i - I had it on home dem with my old RS6s. Dreadful combo. On the flipside, I've heard the same amp with other speakers and it was very good.

(Andrew: Yes I had more important things than argue the toss with you: Mrs. P had to have her leg dressing changed, and she was in pain).

we are all grown ups here, well i think we are anyway. These things can and do happen, it's how we deal with it that matters. As i said madone's comment was a tad on the immature side and contributed nothing to the thread, this kind of comment are best dealt with by ignoring them.

Andrew's response to my review is a genuine one. I think PP may have read it wrong.

@PP i now know why you keep banging on about leema and their customer service.

Only yesterday (saturday) i emailed them about those glowing leds and they got back to me within 30 mins. Very impressive indeed!

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Whats the big deal commenting on amps that one hasn't heard in real life? I do it all the time. The only downside is no one will take my comments seriously, which considering I never had a reputation to begin with, 'tis no big deal really. Well, except when it's about Leema, then I make sure I carry bear* repelant spray with me.

*Disclaimer: May not be effective on Polyvinyl Chloride Spheniscidaes.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Animesh Ghose said:
plastic penguin said:

?

?

we are all grown ups here, well i think we are anyway. These things can and do happen, it's how we deal with it that matters. As i said madone's comment was a tad on the immature side and contributed nothing to the thread, this kind of comment are best dealt with by ignoring them.

Andrew's response to my review is a genuine one. I think PP may have read it wrong.?

@PP i now know why you keep banging on about leema and their customer service.?

Only yesterday (saturday) i emailed them about those glowing leds and they got back to me within 30 mins. Very impressive indeed!

Ill add that i think you have a flare for hifi write ups and look forward to hearing your next review.

Regarding the confusion over my amps better than yours i should have made it more clear that i was talking to the mad one that said abrahamsen is better than leema. Im very bad at quoting. I was trying to be a reasonable medium for both sides.

Personally i like a bit of banter as it makes the forum more interesting. Its only when it turns into a spelling, grammar and elocution lesson that the plot is lost.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts