Tucana ii my thoughts!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
MickyBlue said:
Animesh Ghose said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:
It's a shame you hadn't kept a hold of the 21's.selfish me would have liked to know how they'd handle such an amp.now are you at peace with the set up now?.lol.

i think any leema amp will be a very good match with the 21s.

i am sure 21s would have performed a lot better with the tucana. They would appreciated more power just the cm6

but can be easily beaten!

ahh, i was looking for a tucana user. I can see a couple of orange led glowing inside the amp on either side.

Just wondering what they were and if its normal?

If I were ever to change my amp, these are the amps I would be looking at.

for me, the Leema Pulse has been an amazing amp. The phono stage(s) were worth the money I paid for it alone.

Its gonna take a very good amp to beat it for quality and value for money.

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
If I were ever to change my amp, these are the amps I would be looking at.

for me, the Leema Pulse has been an amazing amp. The phono stage(s) were worth the money I paid for it alone.

Its gonna take a very good amp to beat it for quality and value for money.

if u can, go for the mkii. If you buy a preowned 1 from leema's authorised dealer you can buy the full extented warranty direct from leema.

I had a look on eBay, and also bid on a few Tucana recently, but missed out.

Seeing as they don't have a phono stage, I need to factor that into the price too.

my setup as it stands is the best it has ever sounded, so I will stick with the formula, Leema amp, moon cd, marantz/clearaudio tt, focal speakers.

If/when the bug bites, I'll be sticking to that. As it works for me.

For rock/metal it is perfect.

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
quote: Its gonna take a very good amp to beat it for quality and value for money.

Absolutly easy on beating on sound quality and value.

DER

Abrahamsen v.20 up less than twice the price twice as nice on sound quality also better looking *dirol*

The Mad One said:
quote: Its gonna take a very good amp to beat it for quality and value for money.

DER

Abrahamsen v.20 up less than twice the price twice as nice on sound quality also better looking *dirol*
Based on what evidence? Have you heard the Pulse or Tucana?

Actually the RRP of the Pulse was about £1200. Your 'UP' version was £900 - and no phono stage. Once you factor in a decent phono stage, your 'hurdy-gurdy' amp doesn't look quite as good value, does it?

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
The Mad One said:

DER

I find your comment very immature, have you actually seen the built quality of leema? I guess not.

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
CnoEvil said:
drummerman said:
CnoEvil said:
drummerman said:
CnoEvil said:
drummerman said:
I'm ok with onions
Tomatoes?

Peeling eggs frightens me.
...for me, it's Grapes.

Why do you peel them?
Yup....for my special peeled Grape pudding.

I can feel the Angst now ...

(Sorry Animesh)

no need to apologise. Its friday night we can all live with bit of humour.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
The Mad One said:
quote: Its gonna take a very good amp to beat it for quality and value for money.

?

DER

?

Abrahamsen v.20 up less than twice the price twice as nice on sound quality also better looking *dirol*

Actually the RRP of the Pulse was about £1200. Your 'UP' version was £900 - and no phono stage. Once you factor in a decent phono stage, your 'hurdy-gurdy' amp doesn't look quite as good value, does it?

They are both good amps and it does not have to be 'mines better than yours' lets leave that to the playstation fanboys

Only person to compare the pulse to the abrahamsen is colin at iq and he prefered the abrahamsen. But that is only his opinion.

As for value for money, no one here can deny that the 1000 va transformer, 1000 000uf capacitance and the 12 output devices is a massive value for money. Sure its only 70w per channel but i bet this amp can drive any speaker it desires with running out of juice. In the same way the phono stage on the leema adds value with its quality.

Each to each other own and enjoy the music

Andrewjvt said:
plastic penguin said:
The Mad One said:

DER

They are both good amps and it does not have to be 'mines better than yours' lets leave that to the playstation fanboys

Only person to compare the pulse to the abrahamsen is colin at iq and he prefered the abrahamsen. But that is only his opinion.

As for value for money, no one here can deny that the 1000 va transformer, 1000 000uf capacitance and the 12 output devices is a massive value for money. Sure its only 70w per channel but i bet this amp can drive any speaker it desires with running out of juice. In the same way the phono stage on the leema adds value with its quality.

What f*****g planet are you from? I was responding to the Mad One, who, it seems, is judging our amps without hearing them.

Yes, Colin is the only one to own both. No evidence at all. He is selling his own babies, so he isn't going to say that his bundles can't better Leema. And if I remember correctly he sold his Pulse long before Abrams came along. He had the Pulse for over a year, then he purchased the Sudgen A21. But he hasn't directly compared both side by side.

(Before you mention anything I'm perfectly chilled. I get p****d off with your digs you class as humour. Geddit?!)

And no, since joining here in 2008 I have never slagged off any component unless I've had first hand experience. (A lesson to Vlad as well).

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Andrewjvt said:
plastic penguin said:
The Mad One said:
quote: Its gonna take a very good amp to beat it for quality and value for money.

?

DER

?

Abrahamsen v.20 up less than twice the price twice as nice on sound quality also better looking *dirol*

What f*****g planet are you from? I was responding to the Mad One, who, it seems, is judging our amps without hearing them.

Yes, Colin is the only one to own both. No evidence at all. He is selling his own babies, so he isn't going to say that his bundles can't better Leema. And if I remember correctly he sold his Pulse long before Abrams came along. He had the Pulse for over a year, then he purchased the Sudgen A21. But he hasn't directly compared both side by side.

(Before you mention anything I'm perfectly chilled. I get p****d off with your digs you class as humour. Geddit?!)

And no, since joining here in 2008 I have never slagged off any component unless I've had first hand experience. (A lesson to Vlad as well).

Earth have you been there? Its nice

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Ah, look on your post 17 on page 2 where you pull up Animesh for misspelling, yet you can't even spell 'tongue'. But of course you'll blame the iPhone or Tablet for misspelling as usual. You've had it long enough: Learn.how.to.use.it.properly.

Wth are you talking about?

I was giving him a complement on a great review even though english his not his first langauge.
How is that pulling him up?? Please explain.

Explaining to you my posts is not worth it as you read into things. But here goes (total waste of time)

I was actually sticking up for you for once as the first guy said the abrahamsen is better than the leema.

Oh and thanks for correcting my spelling mistakes. If i can help you feel good about yourself - thats my good deed for the day done.

Tou should get a mirror next to your pc and whenever you correct my spelling look into it, point at your self and wink.

Let me remind you: "And english is not your native tounge" And then you have a pop at WHFI and then think it's funny by going "lol".

And English deffo has a capital 'E'

Can't believe an individual can have such a large ego. Let's just agree to stay clear of each other. I'm out of here. Got far more important things to do...

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Let me remind you: "And english is not your native tounge" And then you have a pop at WHFI and then think it's funny by going "lol".

And English deffo has a capital 'E'

Can't believe an individual can have such a large ego. Let's just agree to stay clear of each other. I'm out of here. Got far more important things to do...

Lets not agree anything.. you have once again miss quoted my posts and excused me of something i have not done and i wont stand for it.

If you keep miss quoting me im not going to stay clear of you at all.

So thanks for showing me that engish is in fact English.
I never knew that. Many others on here can also learn from your wisdom.

Now how was i taking a pop at what hifi? When all i was doing was giving the op a good hearted compliment for doing a good review in english as he does not speak english as a first language? Not being english myself, i know how hard it is. His review was good so all i said was he should become a reviewer.

Please explain? I fail to see your logic. And who has appointed you as what hifi forum joke qualifier?

How dare you even take a compliment ive given someone else and twist it into your sick little minded explaination.its clear you cannot understand me and you have a complex about something.

And then to top it off your correct my grammer and then say ive got an ego?

Your nothing but a hypocrite and you should be heeding your own advice.

You take a pop at me then say lets stay clear from each other. If you want that then dont ever try to mis represent me like you have been doing.

Not everyone in this forum is from the uk remember. Its only you i have a problem with - strange.
And youve got better things to do? Thats also funny... so why are we having this discussion in the first place then?

Sorry to the op for this please believe me i that i was giving you a compliment for a good review.

MickyBlue

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
i've just looked at the top of my amp and i don't have any orange led's visable, you might want to contact leema to clarify what these are.

what inputs are you using? i will replicate and see if these LED's appear....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts