video projector setup for gaming and hd 3d the works

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
hello all

its been a while !!! so im looking for a sweet setup videoprojector wise gaming hd and 3d so i really dont mind to bang my buck i just want something thats as sweet on video games as it is movies i want the total screen wise im looking at about 2m x 2m what would be a decent canvas for my video projecter ??? keeping in mind im throwing games like call of duty at it and would also like to enjoy the movie side especially 3d!!!! im looking to up my sound system too maybe a couple more of b&ws 685s i have 2 with marantz cr603 and a project 2 vinyl player or something else ??? please help guys i have a budget of about 10k hoping i can get everything crisp and clean with this budget sound wise like picture wise i want gaming and movie and 3d to be a priority im especially tempted by the led videoprojectors i dont know why ...

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
David Carpenter said:
hello all

its been a while !!! so im looking for a sweet setup videoprojector wise gaming hd and 3d so i really dont mind to bang my buck i just want something thats as sweet on video games as it is movies i want the total screen wise im looking at about 2m x 2m what would be a decent canvas for my video projecter ??? keeping in mind im throwing games like call of duty at it and would also like to enjoy the movie side especially 3d!!!! im looking to up my sound system too maybe a couple more of b&ws 685s i have 2 with marantz cr603 and a project 2 vinyl player or something else ??? please help guys i have a budget of about 10k hoping i can get everything crisp and clean with this budget sound wise like picture wise i want gaming and movie and 3d to be a priority im especially tempted by the led videoprojectors i dont know why ...

If gaming is a consideration for you you should be looking at the Sony HW40ES. Review linked below

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/vplhw40es-201406063801.htm

Are you looking for a drop down projector screen or a permanent one?

The only down side is Sony might, and it's only a might, announce a replacement for this projector early next year.

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
fantastic seems like i need to look no further for a vp as for screens motorised is my fav dont want a fixed one because with the children im not sure it would stay clean for long ... but that said if the quality difference would be a big difference i dont mind fixed obviously i cant exceed 2mx2m....as for sound i was thinking 2x 683 s2 s and a htm 61 and/or 1x asw 610xp whats your thoughts im not married to b&w so obviuosly im open to other offers especially amp wise i am lost

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
There are things to consider when selecting a screen. How light/dark your room is as this will impact the grain you need to get the best results.

I personally feel I can only suggest a projector it you. It's the same one I was settling for based on the same requirements but I havent looked into a screen properly yet. There are some guys on here that have drop down projector screens so hopefully they will be able to give you better advice.

I can't advise on sound either, I don't listen to enough different setups to make a recommendation.

Amp wise, it depends what you are after, future proof with 4K HDCP2:2 and HDMI2.0A or Dolby Atmos etc. There are some good amps around and if your not worried about these some of last years will be available cheap now. You'll need to decide what setup you want (5.1, 7.1, 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2, 7.1.4) and then work from there.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Or Go Big 7.8.4 - and do it properly :)

Screens is a nightmare - more options than Greggs Pasty section - very difficult one to advise someone on one - size, type gain - its a pain. Be warrned motorised are Much more expensive.

You need to get out and have a look at screens is my best advise, demoing sound at the same time - well thats a bonus for you

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
thanks guys ill be going with the sony vp screen wise im open to offers i dont mind manual either i would just like one that could take my breath away when i watch it hd 3d and play games consoles im in a normal lit room with windows and daylight !!! i have the space to accomadate about a 9 ft screen without the motor im open to offers id just like a colorful clean and crisp picture which just hits the spot i am talking in gbp even though i do live in france !!! dont worry abouth the sound for the moment i ll buy a couple of floorstanders b&w s2 and a central and ill take it from there ill probably invest in some marantz seperates ampwise unless i get any better suggestions which could make my 5 speaker b&w collection at its best i really dont need 7 speakers not in my living room just want a great all round boom for house partys cinema nights and gaming nights my actual setup i can move to another room as long as i can integrate my pro ject 2 vinyl player im open to offers of any amp reciever and obviously 5 decent speakers especially 2 floorstanders !! i just want films games and music cd/vinyl with a very decent punch im open to offers unfortunately i cant get to a show room its way too far away

TRENDING THREADS