The film thread.

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Cube on blu ray - an ultra low budget Canadian SF/horror/thriller. Premise is that a group of strangers find each other in a vast structure made of cubes - many of which are booby-trapped - and how they try to escape. A really interesting idea, but the execution and acting does leave something to be desired.

Fandango Andy

Cube on blu ray - an ultra low budget Canadian SF/horror/thriller. Premise is that a group of strangers find each other in a vast structure made of cubes - many of which are booby-trapped - and how they try to escape. A really interesting idea, but the execution and acting does leave something to be desired.
I saw it at the cinema and really enjoyed it. I don't think I have seen it again since!

Fandango Andy

I recently rewatched the low budget cyberpunk masterpiece Hardware for the first time in ages.

Are there any fans of Richard Stanley out there? He made two great low budget movies in the early 90s, the cyberpunk Hardware and eerie, dreamy horror Dust Devil.

He was then replaced on the troubled shoot of The Island of Dr. Moreau, and didn’t direct another film until the bonkers but brilliant H.P. Lovecraft adaptation Color Out of Space in 2019.

He hasn’t made another film since, but has indicated that it will be the first in a Lovecraft trilogy, the next being an adaptation of The Dunwich Horror.

Any fans of genre movies should checkout Hardware and Dust Devil.

Reactions: davidf and DougK1
One for the Blu-ray crew: are there any good box sets of modern classic films in 4k ultra?

Want to get my friend something like that for his birthday & feeling a bit lazy when it comes to choosing separate titles.
There's a Columbia set, but these are mostly older films. Box sets seem to be films plus sequels, though there's a Christopher Nolan set which at least spreads its wings a bit. You might be better picking a few genuine favourites.

Reactions: Revolutions
I recently rewatched the low budget cyberpunk masterpiece Hardware for the first time in ages.

Are there any fans of Richard Stanley out there? He made two great low budget movies in the early 90s, the cyberpunk Hardware and eerie, dreamy horror Dust Devil.

He was then replaced on the troubled shoot of The Island of Dr. Moreau, and didn’t direct another film until the bonkers but brilliant H.P. Lovecraft adaptation Color Out of Space in 2019.

He hasn’t made another film since, but has indicated that it will be the first in a Lovecraft trilogy, the next being an adaptation of The Dunwich Horror.

Any fans of genre movies should checkout Hardware and Dust Devil.
I've been meaning to watch the documentary Lost Soul, about his doomed Dr. Moreau project as it's on one of the streaming services I have. I own Hardware, Dust Devil, and Dagon. I have seen The Colour Out Of Space, which I need to see again, but Nicolas Cage is putting me off that!

Reactions: Fandango Andy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts