The film thread.

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Never really got on with Withnail and I.
I can see why it's not everyone's cup of tea, but we love it. I've probably seen it more often than any other film, and have seen it screened twice at Sleddale Hall, which is the rather grand name of Monty's 'horrible little shack' in The Lakes. Seeing almost all the places used in the making really does add another dimension to a film - the company was called Picnic Cinema, IIRC.

Ice Cold in Alex on blu ray - still love it. I'm sure the first couple of times I saw it, I missed the first half an hour or so - so Anson's drink problem was a bit of a mystery to me. Alas quicksand doesn't behave as is shown - just read something in Science Focus about it. It's hard to genuinely sink in quicksand apparently, as the lungs make the torso noticeably less dense than water. Apparently the worst that can happen is you get stuck and then the tide comes in, which sounds like a horrible way to go.

Reactions: DougK1
Jaws on 4k - lovely brightness to the outdoors. Still a great film, with some wonderful interpersonal bits - Brody's kid mimicking his movements at the dinner table, Quint and Hooper's exchange of stories etc.

Will be watching the bonus stuff, as I'm really keen to see how they did the barrels. Hoping that's in there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts