The Dark Knight Rises - Teaser Trailer

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Seen this a few times now. Gives appropriately little away.

Theres quite a lot of photos and some vids in various threads on the IMDB, some of which do not bode well imo, but I don't want to spoil anythign for anyone, even inadvertantly.

D

Deleted member 2457

I will have to check them out, cheers guys. If you do want to mention anything about it in this thread, I personally would like to read about it - good or bad. I only know what I've seen in that clip which is very little.

Cheers

Sliced Bread

Well I don't want to say too much incase others look. But Google the new Batman film and pictures of a pit / lake.
If this is what it is suspected to be then the last film might make a turn towards the super-natural. This'll be a shame imo as it's a big departure from the 'real(ish)' world setting of the first two.
Hopefully its either untrue, it the writers have found a way of including it without it becoming silly and a bit lame.

D

Deleted member 2457

Thanks for that, I did find some interesting info:

See that photo on the left? That’s one of the leaked set pics and if you don’t know what that green sheet is it’s used for special effects. This means that pit is going to be doing something special. Fake water? Perhaps. But Nolan is known for not liking heavy use of CGI so I doubt he’d go through all the trouble of making fake water when he can use real water. No this is probably the infamous Lazarus pits from the Batman universe. Used by supervillain and sometimes uneasy ally Ra’s al Ghul to keep himself young. Its reported that Josh Pence will be playing a young Ra’s.

Now this raises a few interesting questions about the movie plot and what will be featured in the Batman mythos of this supposedly final installment in the Nolan franchise. (Honestly after Nolan leaves the helm nobody should touch Batman for a good decade plenty of more DC heroes to focus on.) But Nolan has kept the Batman movie grounded in reality, making them more crime dramas than superhero films. So it seems a bit odd to me that he’d introduce the spiritual/sci-fi aspect of the Lazarus pits. Also with a focus on young Ra’s it seems very likely his daughter will be introduced in this next film. I don’t see any other reason for treading back to “Batman Begins” unless there is a reason. Actually this would take Batman even further back. I wonder if because of Nolan’s success with the sci-fi epic “Inception” that now he is more willing to delve into science fiction with Batman. It’s hard to say and its safe not to speculate too much. Nolan is the kind of guy I would not be surprised to see throw out a red herring or two just to throw off the nosy fanboys.

batmanposter.jpg
A year from today marks the arrival of the most anticipated film of the decade: Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises. This third entry in the acclaimed Dark Knight Legend also looks to be the last for Nolan and his crew. With production well under way and the marketing machine just now revving up, we wanted to commemorate this pre-anniversary anniversary with something special. What follows is everything we know, think we know, and what’s leaving us scratching our heads. If you want to go into TDKR completely spoiler-free, you best bounce up out of this Batcave.

The Tumbler is Back:
When the Joker blew the Batmobile halfway to hell in The Dark Knight speculation arose as to what form the Bat’s wheels might take in this next installment. Well, it turns out the new ride is pretty much the same as the old one. Here’s a pic that some lucky fans snapped.

batmanbatmobile.jpg
So yeah, pretty similar to what’s come before. That doesn’t necessarily mean she’s the exact same as the old Batmobile. It’s not hard to imagine there could be some tricks and treats we’ve yet to learn about this new Tumbler. Anyone remember the Batpod?

Also Rising, Wayne Manor:
At the end of Batman Begins, Bruce Wayne relays his intentions to rebuild the decimated Wayne Manor “brick by brick.” In The Dark Knight, Wayne is living in a swanky Gotham City Penthouse. What gives?

It’s highly likely that Bruce has moved back into his old / new digs by the time TDKR begins. In late June, Nolan and co. spent some time shooting in (Nottingham). This is Wollaton Park:
batmanwaynemanor.jpg

batmancatwoman.jpg
Forget everything you know about past, sex-infused incarnations of Selina Kyle’s alter ego. It sounds like Chris Nolan is taking a more practical approach to Anne Hathaway’s evening attire. Expect goggles as well as a look more akin to that of a “robber” This sounds very much in line with artist Darwyn Cooke’s interpretations of the character back in the early 2000s, of which that above picture is from.

Bane is League of Shadows:
It’s pretty much a forgone conclusion that the League of Shadows has returned and are again the villains terrorizing Gotham City. What’s foggier is what role Bane (played by Tom Hardy) serves in such a situation.

In the comics, Bane was the son of a South American revolutionary. When his dad flees a murder charge, young Bane is forced to serve out his father’s sentence. Bane grows up reading and training in the penn, growing into a criminal genius and formidable physical force. There’s also some malarkey about a super steroid named Venom that Bane pumps into his neck via tubing attached to his mask – but let’s all pray that Nolan doesn’t bother with that junk.

batmanbane.jpg
So why do we think Bane is a card-carrying member of the League? Remember how Ra’s first tracked down Bruce Wayne back in Begins? Prison. Our guess is that Bane becomes the new chosen one to destroy Gotham after that whole Bruce Wayne experiment fell through back in part one. Couple that with the fact that Josh Pence plays Ra’s al Ghul in a flashback. We’re willing to bet that Pence comes face-to-face with the young, adolescent muscle boy at some point.

batmangordon.jpg
Or does he? Much has been made of Gary Oldman’s conversation with an off-camera Christian Bale in. A clearly messed up Gordon states that Batman must return whilst lying on his hospital bed (and possibly on the receiving end of a colonic judging from that picture). A voice responds: “What if he doesn’t exist anymore?”

The kicker here is that it’s clearly Bruce Wayne’s voice and not Bale’s oft-maligned Batman growl.

The kicker here is that it’s clearly Bruce Wayne’s voice and not Bale’s oft-maligned Batman growl. That seems to imply that Gordon, having such direct words with Wayne, knows the true identity of The Batman. That’d be a major (and welcomed) change in the status quo, though it’s just as likely that Wayne’s face might be obscured somehow.

Perhaps if anyone else finds any interesting info/rumours they can post them in this thread, it would be nice to read about them and if people don't want to read them they don't have to.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 2457

Looks like we've got a Batplane:

batplane3.jpg

Filming of The Dark Knight Rises, has been taking place on the streets of Pittsburgh using a giant armored flying contraption called the Batplane. Looks very cool with those guns at the front. 8)

D

Deleted member 2457

Sliced Bread said:
No way would that fly!

In this picture it does look like it is flying, either that or it can jump really high :)

D

Deleted member 2457

slice382.jpg

“The Lazarus Pit is mythical vats of arcane chemicals in the DC comics universe. The most common user of the pit is Ra’s al Ghul. Ra’s al Ghul accidentally discovered the first Lazarus Pit as a cure for the dying son of a sultan he worked for. The Pit had a terrible side effect, however; it turned the Prince temporarily insane, leading to him killing the doctor’s wife. After being blamed for the murder, the man who would become Ra’s Al Ghul was buried in the desert. He was rescued by a tribe and a boy named Huew. After this he used the Lazarus Pit to save himself, and vowed to avenge his wife. The doctor gave himself the title Ra’s al Ghul – The Demon’s Head.”

dark-knight-rises-movie-image-catwoman-anne-hathaway-slice-01.jpg

dark-knight-rises-set-photo-catwoman-anne-hathaway-slice-01.jpg

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Where did you get all that gel?

Personally I think the Nolan is averse to CGI bit is a little overplayed. He may have wanted a certain kind of landscape and some water, but there was none, so he put some in. Thats when CGI is at its best for me, and not when used to replace animals including us. Maybe it could be a tunnel or somesuch.

A picture emerged of a guy in a ski mask seemingly climbing in or out a window of the hospital. another photo then emerged of Wayne in the same clothes as that figure. And im pretty sure you can tell he is wearing a mask in the trailer. In any case i consider that a given.

Many fans now assume Miranda Tate is Talia, or at least an analogue.

D

Deleted member 2457

al7478 said:
Where did you get all that gel?

Personally I think the Nolan is averse to CGI bit is a little overplayed. He may have wanted a certain kind of landscape and some water, but there was none, so he put some in. Thats when CGI is at its best for me, and not when used to replace animals including us. Maybe it could be a tunnel or somesuch.

A picture emerged of a guy in a ski mask seemingly climbing in or out a window of the hospital. another photo then emerged of Wayne in the same clothes as that figure. And im pretty sure you can tell he is wearing a mask in the trailer. In any case i consider that a given.

Many fans now assume Miranda Tate is Talia, or at least an analogue.

Hi

Collider.com, Slashfilm, Caughtonset and just doing searches with The Dark Knight Rises and the new Batman film and pit. I'm finding it pretty interesting looking at the different bits and seeing what there is. Yeah, I think you could be right with the CGI stuff, just found some more pictures:

_timthumb.php
"

_timthumb.php
"

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
There's a pic somewhere of Bane waving at soem ladies in pink. Turns out theyre bridesmaids from a wedding over the rosd from the set.

EDIT Bane was held in Blackgate in the comics, tho I don't know where it was beased in the comics, looks like Gotham in the new film.

D

Deleted member 2457

al7478 said:
There's a pic somewhere of Bane waving at soem ladies in pink. Turns out theyre bridesmaids from a wedding over the rosd from the set.

EDIT Bane was held in Blackgate in the comics, tho I don't know where it was beased in the comics, looks like Gotham in the new film.

I have to admit I've never read any of the comics, wouldn't mind reading a couple at the moment though. Found some more photos:

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
That 3rd one is a good pic as it settles an argument as to who it was doing press ups in the trailer.

The last one is a publicity shot for TDK.

I've read a few if the comics lately, on advice formm some at the imdb. Just ones that could be said to have inspired the films.

D

Deleted member 2457

al7478 said:
That 3rd one is a good pic as it settles an argument as to who it was doing press ups in the trailer.

The last one is a publicity shot for TDK.

I've read a few if the comics lately, on advice formm some at the imdb. Just ones that could be said to have inspired the films.

Hi

Which comics were they? Might have to have a look myself. :) I've since seen a few more trailers - just still trying to work out how useful they are and whether I can link them.

Cheers

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
There's only one (official and legit) trailer AFAIK.

I read, in no particular order:

The Long Halloween; Batman Year One, The Man Who Laughs; The Man Whop Falls*; The Bat-Man*; The Killing Joke; the BB novelization; Joker. I'm about to read the TDK novelization. After that I might move on to stories involving Bane, Catwoman and the League Of Shadows.

EDIT - and to that end someone reccomended to me: Batman: Tales of the Demon (collecting the O'Neill/Adams Ra's al Ghul stories)

Batman: Birth of the Demon

Batman: Son of the Demon

JLA: Tower of Babel

Batman: Death and the Maidens

Batman: Year One- Ra's al Ghul

Batman: Batman and Son

Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul

Batman: Vengeance of Bane

Knightfall

Bane of the Demon

Catwoman 1-4 (1989 miniseries)

Catwoman: Nine Lives of a Feline Fatale

Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper

Catwoman: When In Rome

Selina's Big Score

Catwoman: Guardian of Gotham

D

Deleted member 2457

al7478 said:
There's only one (official and legit) trailer AFAIK.

I read, in no particular order:

The Long Halloween; Batman Year One, The Man Who Laughs; The Man Whop Falls*; The Bat-Man*; The Killing Joke; the BB novelization; Joker. I'm about to read the TDK novelization. After that I might move on to stories involving Bane, Catwoman and the League Of Shadows.

EDIT - and to that end someone reccomended to me: Batman: Tales of the Demon (collecting the O'Neill/Adams Ra's al Ghul stories)

Batman: Birth of the Demon

Batman: Son of the Demon

JLA: Tower of Babel

Batman: Death and the Maidens

Batman: Year One- Ra's al Ghul

Batman: Batman and Son

Batman: The Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul

Batman: Vengeance of Bane

Knightfall

Bane of the Demon

Catwoman 1-4 (1989 miniseries)

Catwoman: Nine Lives of a Feline Fatale

Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper

Catwoman: When In Rome

Selina's Big Score

Catwoman: Guardian of Gotham

Hi

Cheers for that - I will look up a few. Yeah I couldn't work out what was what with the trailers in the end. I did see one very good one, but in the end I decided most people had probably seen it. I will have a look again some time.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi mate

Got Batman versus Bane, been meaning to get some more though! Quite good though, how about you?

Cheers!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi.

I recently got the Knightfall trilogy, No Man's Land, Batman: The Cult, Dark Victory, and The Dark Knight Returns. It seems all of these may have some influence on TDKR. May is the operative word though. I also bought a proper novel that Nolan has mentioned in relation to TDKR - A Tale Of Two Cities.

I'd like to read more specifically about The League, Catwoman and Bane, but I'm not making quick progress (of the above I've only finished Knightfall and The Cult) so I'm not sure I'll make it before the film, and that is the only reason I'm reading them. I'll be relieved in a way when it's over.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts