Batman 3: The Dark Knight Rises

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Don't know if this is the right place for this but, in a recent interview with Hero Complex, Batman director Christopher Nolan reveals that the 3rd installment won't be filim in 3D but intsead will use the IMAX HD cameras that were used in The Dark Knight (links below).

Is this the first sign that 3D might just be a passing fad?

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-reveals-title-of-third-batman-film-and-that-it-wont-be-the-riddler/

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/nolan-dark-knight-rises-finds-the-future-in-imax-not-3d/

A

Anonymous

2012 could be a big year for comic book movies. Aren't the Superman, Marvel Avengers, Men In Black 3 and Spiderman reboot due?

D

Deleted member 2457

I did not know about this one, look forward to watching it
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

6th.replicant:Spider-Man 'reboot'??!! Reboot??!! They've only made three films, and the third was hardly a flop?

Well they did a reboot of The Hulk to get ready for The Avengers film. By reboot I mean all new cast and director. Talking of reboots the Dredd film is also due in 2012. Directed by the guy who did Vantage Point. Whilst I'm not a big Marvel fan, I don't think the Spiderman films were as good as they could have been.

scene

Isn't the new Spiderman going to be set before the first film? The one in which he gets bitten by a Spider and gains his super powers? So what, a two hour film about a slightly wimpy geeky student? With no superpowers?
emotion-8.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Back OT - fair play to Christopher Nolan for eschewing 3D for HD/IMAX pic quality.

Mind you, considering the no-doubt mega budget planned for Batman 3, maybe Warners wasn't going to argue with Nolan's 'no 3D' stance if it means saving a truckload of production $s?

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how many of you are 'Gamers' but 'Batman Arkham Asylum' has one of the best Bat stories yet with multiple characters combined to create a great story.

Like the idea of the film not being made in 3D. Personally think 3D suits games more anyway.

As for Superman, Smallville's been doing such a great job for years, and the plot and characters have got so deep that a 'Superman Returns' experience is gonna appear a bit shallow in comparison.

'Heroes' now thats just plain genius. Next season soon please....

A

Anonymous

Sadly it appears that Heroes has been cancelled.

The Spidey reboot is gonna focus more on Spidey at high school as in the early classic Ditko/Lee comics. It's been confirmed the villian's gonna be the Lizard played by Rhys Ifans.

Peace

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
craigy p:

Don't know if this is the right place for this but, in a recent interview with Hero Complex, Batman director Christopher Nolan reveals that the 3rd installment won't be filim in 3D but intsead will use the IMAX HD cameras that were used in The Dark Knight (links below).

Is this the first sign that 3D might just be a passing fad?

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-reveals-title-of-third-batman-film-and-that-it-wont-be-the-riddler/

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/nolan-dark-knight-rises-finds-the-future-in-imax-not-3d/

i heard tom hardys gonna be the villan

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean its been cancelled!Noooow

Got any details Gravity G?

Quite like the idea of Spidey and Lizard, never fan of Green Goblin's metal suit thing.

A

Anonymous

Cookie Monster:
Not sure how many of you are 'Gamers' but 'Batman Arkham Asylum' has one of the best Bat stories yet with multiple characters combined to create a great story.

Agreed it was a great game. I'm just peeved that I completed at 72% whilst my then 56 (now 57) year old mother-in-law completed it with 82%.

The story was written by Paul Dini who did a lot of the Batman-Animated series
emotion-21.gif
emotion-21.gif
. The joker was voiced by Mark Hammil and Batman by Kevin Conroy (I think) who bot did BTAS. I'm really looking forward to Arkham City. You can keep you floating gun games that's the next biggy game on the 360.

A

Anonymous

Gravity G:

Sadly it appears that Heroes has been cancelled.

The Spidey reboot is gonna focus more on Spidey at high school as in the early classic Ditko/Lee comics. It's been confirmed the villian's gonna be the Lizard played by Rhys Ifans.

Peace

Wikipedia have the "Heroes cancelled story"info. Made for sad reading...

From the site-

"NBC announced the show's cancellation on May 14, 2010, due to the high costs of production, diminished viewing and an increase in other programming.Afterward, the network considered making a television special event to better wrap up the series; however, on September 9, 2010, NBC announced the decision not to pursue any further development of the Heroes' franchise. The network then suggested that the broad premise of the Heroes' story lines allowed for the franchise to return for fans."

Rhys Ifans & the Lizard story is on the very informative Sky Movies link-

http://movies.sky.com/rhys-ifans-villainous-role-revealed

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Yeah I'd love to know who Hardy is playing, asd yet i thnk thyre just saying its a major role. When they pumped up Anthiony Michael Hall's role in TDK, well, they shouldnt have.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts