The crosley/jensen dislike thread

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
eric132 said:
Vladimir said:
eric132 said:
Vladimir said:
eric132 said:
okay sting. I love your music by the way.

I write it so others get famous by covering it. ;)

gotta love those youtube cover songs.

Those too. But try the covers Fields of gold by Eva Cassidy and I hung my head by Johnny Cash.

i prefer stings version of I hung my head rather than cash's version.

Guess which one made more Ca$h.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Vladimir said:
eric132 said:
Vladimir said:
eric132 said:
Vladimir said:
eric132 said:

Those too. But try the covers Fields of gold by Eva Cassidy and I hung my head by Johnny Cash.

well, johnny cash was around much longer than sting, but I gotta say sting probably made for money. I love stings songs like every breath you take, russians, fields of gold, walking on the moon and so on.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
eric132 said:
on youtube, there are tons and tons of people who talk trash about the crosley and jensen turntables and its informative and halarious. So I thought we could do the same here. Just for fun as I said earlier.

I heard crosley has 10 grams tracking force.

People say all sorts of rubbish on youtube. Does not make them right or mean you have to follow them. Don't be one of the sheep, stand out of the crowd.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
eric132 said:
Vladimir said:
eric132 said:
Vladimir said:
eric132 said:
Vladimir said:
eric132 said:

well, johnny cash was around much longer than sting, but I gotta say sting probably made for money. I love stings songs like every breath you take, russians, fields of gold, walking on the moon and so on.

Sting is a lot richer and Cash is dead. I meant specifically which version of I hung my head made more money.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
eric132 said:
instead of doing what the norman guy keeps doing.

3e4b871753e16c5ff01ad026a4b9f6d2b7d3debc.jpg

Just pointing out to you what's left.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
eric132 said:
Maybe I should start a different thread that speaks about what turntables to steer clear from instead of a hate thread?

I'm pretty sure there are already a load of threads on that topic, have a look back through the thread history.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
MrReaper182 said:
eric132 said:
on youtube, there are tons and tons of people who talk trash about the crosley and jensen turntables and its informative and halarious. So I thought we could do the same here. Just for fun as I said earlier.

People say all sorts of rubbish on youtube. Does not make them right or mean you have to follow them. Don't be one of the sheep, stand out of the crowd.

Yep, wrong place I am afraid.

I like to think the majority of formers do a little research of their own before posting on the forum and will be well aware the Crosleys of this world are not Hifi and that they are bought by the slightly ignorant general public (which is why the are ranks of them displayed in Currys / PC World). There is, therefore, little point in discussing them on a forum called WhatHifi.

thanks for the response. Yeah, I didn't realize this site didnt have many newbies on it. But on youtube there are tons an tons of anti crosley comments.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
eric132 said:
Maybe I should start a different thread that speaks about what turntables to steer clear from instead of a hate thread?

I'm pretty sure there are already a load of threads on that topic, have a look back through the thread history.

thanks for the suggestion.

MrReaper182 said:
eric132 said:

I like to think the majority of formees do a little research of their own before posting on the forum and will be well aware the Crosleys of this world are not Hifi and that they are bought by the slightly ignorant general public (which is why the are ranks of them displayed in Currys / PC World). There is, therefore, little point in discussing them on a forum called WhatHifi.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
eric132 said:
Al ears said:
MrReaper182 said:
eric132 said:

I like to think the majority of formers do a little research of their own before posting on the forum and will be well aware the Crosleys of this world are not Hifi and that they are bought by the slightly ignorant general public (which is why the are ranks of them displayed in Currys / PC World). There is, therefore, little point in discussing them on a forum called WhatHifi.

thanks for the response. Yeah, I didn't realize this site didnt have many newbies on it. But on youtube there are tons an tons of anti crosley comments.

Again, just because people are doing it on youtube does not mean you have to follow the corwd.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
eric132 said:
instead of doing what the norman guy keeps doing.

3e4b871753e16c5ff01ad026a4b9f6d2b7d3debc.jpg

Just pointing out to you what's left.

Ooh that was the actual "HAROLD: SACRAMENTUM: FECIT: VVILLELMO: DUCI" moment wasn't it?

Harold allegedly made a sacred oath of fealty to Duke William the Bastard. (You see him pointing to the next 'scene' where Harold was supposed to have had his hands on two altars full of sacred relics.)

Typical conniving, Norman scum, propaganda!! I hate them.

Oh well. Tapestries are always embroidered by the winning side.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
MrReaper182 said:
eric132 said:
Al ears said:
MrReaper182 said:
eric132 said:

Again, just because people are doing it on youtube does not mean you have to follow the corwd.

good point. I know Just because everyone does it doesnt mean I should do it. I just agree with what the anti crosley people are saying.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts