The crosley/jensen dislike thread

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
eric132 said:
wow pretty gay

Sorry, is that meant to mean it's a bad thing? Or is that a view held only among The League of Homophobic Vinyl Kilt-Wearers?

eric132 said:
but freddy mercury of queen was gay and I hold nothing against him.

I'm sure he will be greatly relieved, on so many levels, to know that. Perhaps when we get out the board and have a little chat with Mr Crosley, we can ask Freddie, too.

eric132 said:
And to just think your older than me

I am? What on earth gave you that idea?

eric132 said:
and you act like this being in the 40-50 age range

You don't want to believe everything the Gerschwitzes tell you, even though admittedly their permanent state of deshabillé can be rather distracting at times.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
eric132 said:
you must know me from when I was on vinylengine.com and thats why your trolling me?

You were only a member there for a very short period earlier this month (8th January?) until about a week ago (14th) when all of your posts and threads were deleted either by yourself or the admins.

It's safe to say that no-one here would know you from your very brief appearance on www.vinylengine.com.

In a short time even the last 10 remaining - Google cached - posts will fade.

Did you get bored at the lack of responses?

Well you made a good move coming here. This site is no longer moderated, nor does it have any active admins any more, so you and Spiny will have plenty more opportunities to spend quality time together like last night and you can spam Crosley as much as you like.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
635658711727560590-1654740798_head-desk-bartlett.gif

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
This site is no longer moderated, nor does it have any active admins any more, so you and Spiny will have plenty more opportunities to spend quality time together like last night and you can spam Crosley as much as you like.

After the way he mistreated me last night? Not a chance! He can play with himself from now on. ;-)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site

"Gone quiet" is one of my favourite West Wing episodes. In that animation you linked Jed Bartlet had finally had enough of under-secretary Albie Duncan banging on, and on, and on about every US submarine accident ever recorded whilst they all wait to see if a mission off the North Korean coast had ended badly or not.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
chebby said:
eric132 said:
you must know me from when I was on vinylengine.com and thats why your trolling me?

You were only a member there for a very short period earlier this month (8th January?) until about a week ago (14th) when all of your posts and threads were deleted either by yourself or the admins.

It's safe to say that no-one here would know you from your very brief appearance on www.vinylengine.com.

In a short time even the last 10 remaining - Google cached - posts will fade.

Did you get bored at the lack of responses?

Well you made a good move coming here. This site is no longer moderated, nor does it have any active admins any more, so you and Spiny will have plenty more opportunities to spend quality time together like last night and you can spam Crosley as much as you like.

I was actually banned off the site and it was only because I made a few jokes about the crosley on a few different threads, I never insulted anyone personally. Like vladimir said, you guys were cracking jokes about the crosley a few weeks back on a someones thread named steve.

I actually owned a crosley and had some expirience with it and I can say it is a terrible device.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
chebby said:
eric132 said:
Like vladimir said, you guys were cracking jokes about the crosley a few weeks back on a someones thread named steve.

And then they all moved on rather than become obsessed.

chebby, can you explain to me why spiny norman was commenting to me the way he was. kinda like he was mocking what I was saying. Is that just his personality or something on these forums?

oh and by the way, the people on vinyengine.com were very helpful and polite, even when it came to joking about the crosley.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
eric132 said:
Like vladimir said, you guys were cracking jokes about the crosley a few weeks back on a someones thread named steve.

No, actually. Every night we take warm baths
taking-bath.gif
and call eachother on our mobiles to talk Crosley.
heart.gif

eric132 said:
chebby said:
eric132 said:

chebby, can you explain to me why spiny norman was commenting to me the way he was. kinda like he was mocking what I was saying. Is that just his personality or something on these forums?

oh and by the way, the people on vinyengine.com were very helpful and polite, even when it came to asking questions about the crosley or cracking a joke about it.

Your name became bad news when you interrupted a thread by recommending in a post a seriously terrible turntable when a newbie was asking a perfectly reasonable question. It's comments like these they could do without.

I am not surprised you got banned on that other forum. They all have a certain etiquette. Something you clearly haven't, nor a sense of humour for that matter, which is why you clearly clashed with Spiny Norman.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
thescarletpronster said:
Can we have a thread bashing Crosse & Blackwell next?

That would be souper!

Yeah, Crosse & Blackwell's Branston pickle is almost twice the price of any supermarket own label 'sweet pickle' and indistinguishable in taste, smell and texture.

Mind you, there are only two 'branded' condiments/table sauces that I buy regularly and they are Colmans mustard and Garners pickled onions.

chebby said:
Al ears said:
thescarletpronster said:

That would be souper!

Yeah, Crosse & Blackwell's Branston pickle is almost twice the price of any supermarket own label 'sweet pickle' and indistinguishable in taste, smell and texture.

Mind you, there are only two 'branded' condiments/table sauces that I buy regularly and they are Colmans mustard and Garners pickled onions.

Wot?, no HP?

It's also well known that Garners pickled onions are not a condiment they are an essential.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
maybe I should start a new thread with a different tittle like: "what turntabels to avoid (for newbies)" or something like that? Arent some people here, besides myself, newbies to turntables? I know vinylengine had plenty of newcomers to turntables.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
chebby said:
Al ears said:
thescarletpronster said:

That would be souper!

Wot?, no HP?

It's also well known that Garners pickled onions are not a condiment they are an essential.

Al ears, Maybe I should start a different thread that speaks about what turntables to steer clear from instead of a hate thread?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
We should start a new thread and talk wago connectors at length. If we must off topic there, we can give nettle weaving a try as well.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
chebby said:
eric132 said:

thank you chebby for giving me a straight forward answer, instead of doing what the norman guy keeps doing.

eric132 said:
Al ears said:
chebby said:
Al ears said:
thescarletpronster said:

That would be souper!

Wot?, no HP?

Al ears, Maybe I should start a different thread that speaks about what turntables to steer clear from instead of a hate thread?

Personally I wouldn't think it worthwhile. Too many people have seen your recent ones. But hey, it's a free world!

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Al ears said:
eric132 said:
Al ears said:
chebby said:
Al ears said:
thescarletpronster said:

That would be souper!

Wot?, no HP?

Personally I wouldn't think it worthwhile. Too many people have seen your recent ones. But hey, it's a free world!

I appreciate the response Al.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts