Terminator Salvation Blu Ray

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
Got my copy from amazon yesterday and tried to play tonight. Nothing happening........... Starts to load then hangs....

Anyone else with same issues ? My player plays other discs fine, so could there be new softwear on the disc my player can't handle ?

A

Anonymous

Make sure your blu-ray player has the latest firmware and try again

A

Anonymous

Your blu-ray player may also know life is precious and is saving 2 hours you'll never get back !!

A

Anonymous

marvsins:Your blu-ray player may also know life is precious and is saving 2 hours you'll never get back !!

Hahahahahaha!

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

A

Anonymous

Works fine on my PS3 although BD-live wasn't available yesterday. It isn't a great Terminator film but it is a good action yarn

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I intend to try it out tonight (if/when the neighbours are out; we added a second subwoofer into our system yesterday!) - hopefully will report back with a review tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

I like it TBH

It was just cristian bale that ruined it.

Dont get me wrong he is a good actor, just was not a good choice for john connor

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
the terminator at the end spoilt it. The actor that played the human terminator looked just like this guy i saw on this bbc program called `last man standing` do you know of him?

Thomassteele

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Played fine on my Sony Bdp-s350, I enjoyed it that much I watched it on Saturday night and again on Sunday evening. There is plenty of worse films out there.

A

Anonymous

Thats the latest one right?

Is there a reason they won't release number 1?

I've said it before but I can't grasp why you can buy so much dirge on the blu-ray premium format but classics like terminator are still unavailable.

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
Thanks to the sensible replies. The firmware update did the trick. As for the film, great./ if you like scifi and a little geeky, you'll love the Arnie bit. Effects on this were the best i've seen. how did they get the look so lifelike ???

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
film wasn't that great (Christian Bale is pretty awful in this, just like Rescue Dawn, overated actor!!!), and there are quite a few good parts.....the sound is amazing!!!! a test disk for sure
emotion-15.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
unconditional:I've said it before but I can't grasp why you can buy so much dirge on the blu-ray premium format but classics like terminator are still unavailable.

Here you go! I have it and can confirm it works fine on UK Blu-Ray players - a decent step up from the DVD in my opinion, good picture and sound (which is in PCM uncompressed format).

Of course there's every chance they're waiting to bring out the boxset...

A

Anonymous

SPOILER

It may not be the best Terminator film but what did anyone expect from the director whos also made the Charlies Angels movies. To be honest i think the best bit of the film was when CG Arnie showed up, was quite cool how they intergrated his face on to Roland Kickinger's body. I think they had to bring Arnie back into it in some form or another because the T800 is basically Arnie and that is what Skynet was designing to produce in the films timeline. I wouldnt be surprised if any sequel to this movie uses a CG Arnie too.

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Soundwise it is an excellent workout for the Subwoofer!! My apologies to the next door neighbour.

I enjoyed the various Terminator Machines and glad I was not on that submarine
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Pros (IMO):

Sublime picture quality - pristine blu-ray transfer in terms of picture noise/grain.

Sensational DTS-HD MSTR audio - maybe the best I've heard so far. Superb workout for your sub-woofer, thrilling sound throughout the movie.

Steering effects were exceptional.

Con (IMO):

Christian Bale - he was hardly inspiring and the wrong choice to play John Connor. I felt nothing for his character.

*I would be interested to watch this movie in a much better system than mine to see and hear the difference - any offers?*
emotion-5.gif

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
professorhat:
unconditional:I've said it before but I can't grasp why you can buy so much dirge on the blu-ray premium format but classics like terminator are still unavailable.

Hi Prof. Clearly 'Terminator: Salvation' is considered reference quality in terms of sound and picture. Reminds me of discussion on another thread...
emotion-5.gif

Davro83

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Completley agree about the director. Cant believe McG directed it. Really think it would have been much better with a decent director. Im a big terminator fan. Loved the first 2. Thought this was ok. I love christian Bale but feel he was a bit poor in this. Felt no connection to the character at all. Did enjoy the Kyle Reese story parts tho. And Sam worthington was quite good. Looking forward to seeing his performance in Avatar. At least this film was better than terminator 3 which i thought was appauling and felt a bit childish. Bring back James Cameron for the next one. I know that will never ever happen.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Could someone tell me why in the film when the terminators caught Kyle Reese why they didn't kill him ? It really didn't make any sense why they didn't

A

Anonymous

The film is quite bad with terrible dialog. It's not Cristian's Bale fault if the character he portrays is so uninteresting. Of course he could have turned down the part but perhaps they made him an offer he could not refuse... Who could say no to the possibility of a new Terminator trilogy anyway?

D

Deleted member 2457

Yeah I don't get why people are buying this, they should of stopped making Terminator films after the second one.

Just looks like they are trying to cash in from the 1st and 2nd one all the time.

I am definetely going to dodge this one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts